Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XL Pro Meter ????

JHM

Where is the zero supposed to be calibrated on the XL Pro meter? At the zero mark or at the the lowest point the needle will stop at? The reason I ask this is I was reading a book "Taking a closer look at metal detector discrimination". The book shows several photos with the needle below zero. It also states that larger iron will read below zero. I've never seen mine take a significant drop below the zero mark. The book also states that the discriminator doesn't start cutting targets at zero on the display until the disc knob is set at 4. This may sound like a dumb question but I'm wondering.

sounds like a question for duggr he is the XL pro guy.

Turn off the detector and use the black plastic screw on the Meter lens and adjust the needle to point to Zero!
Looks like mine needs a little adjustment to the right....When you hit small iron the meter will usually drop below zero...

IMG_3598.jpg

Heres how the meter is set on my Old Mark-1

Picture020-1.jpg

The older compass units have a line where the needle is set

Picture287.jpg

Picture403.jpg