Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XL Pro - Multitone and Mixed mode MODIFY :twodetecting:

kenny!..are you reading this?....what an effort!

(h.h!)
j.t.

[quote clondike clad]HOW DO I GET ONE////////////////////////////??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/quote]

Hi clondike clad,
i think you can buy the circuit only from polish inventor

Hey guys,

I have one here in the US. It is the best upgrade you could ever have on an XL Pro. I have installed one kit and have another I am thinking of installing on one of my other XL Pros. What a neat thing to be able to hunt GEB SAT with no discrimination and just hunt the tones. Talk about DEPTH! :clapping:
My friends over at the Italian forum helped me out quite a bit!

Megadivers

Hi Allen, you are right, GEB SAT is the mode that uses better tone ID. It separates very well, you could sweep very slow and you don't need to look at the screen.
I really believe that GEB SAT is the best mode on XL, and with the tone ID it reaches the top.

Mega...I just purchased a like new XL Pro ( it's on it's way). In reading the manual, it states the meter will ID in all modes. I then assume that in GEB SAT mode, when a target is hit ( whatever metal it is) the meter would ID it.

Does this tone ID modification convert the meter ID to a tone ? Also, whether it does or does not, is the tone ID more accurate then the meter on a deep target ?

I can't wait to use the XL Pro, and will experiment in all modes, but this mod is very appealing.

Thanks,

JC

Hey JC,
The XL Pro will ID in all modes. The Multitone kit will tone ID in all modes as well. It is limited only by the White's designed circuit. From what the designer says, it operates independently of the meter readout. The Multitone kit does not modify the original circuit but instead takes the information already gathered and converts it into 4 different tones. I hope this info helps. The technical specifications are all in Polish and that took alot of translating :crazy:

[quote Steve(MS)]Does the mod have any effect on performance and can you turn it off if you don't want to use it?[/quote]

There is a switch, you decide if you prefer monotone or multione.

n/t

Originally done for the 5900 and 6000.

Guys in Europe just massed produced it so to speak, then sold it to self modify.

Just irritating they do it without giving my friend credit, taking it and promoting it as their own.

Enough said!

Jerry

I wonder if Bill Lahr has any interest in putting the circuit design into the public domain. It has no real commercial value, but someone might find it worth their while to produce a batch of them.

I think the so called “Creative Commons License” might ensue he gets credit at least.

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/