Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XL PRO QUESTION on target reading

Low-Boy/LCPM

On the XLT and DFX silver rings come in at say 80 and above and so does a quarter but on the 6000XL Pro a quarter comes in at 80 and silver rings come in at 50-60, so do most of the gold rings I have found and a gold coin. Not one gold item came in at nickel. It is strange that this machine does that.

Any feedback on why this machine does this..now I don't use the 9.5 coil I use the hot shot and the big foot coil!

Thanks.

It depends on the target and the size. On my XL Pro larger silver rings come in as Quarter, smaller silver rings read further down the scale just as a coin would. The Difference between the XLT and the XL Pro as far as target ID is that the XLT uses several different features to aid in identification. Changing certain setting can throw off target ID readings. It was after 2 years of using the XLT that I came to the conclusion that the engineers at Whites knew more about this machine and the best settings to use than I did. I went back to using the presets while just tweeking the AC sensitivity and preamp gain for my ground and starting enjoying the machine again with much better results. I find the XL Pro much more accurate in target ID.

Well I did a test and big silver rings small 50-60 silver dimes 70 plus and silver half dollars 80 plus and silver dollars 90 plus.

On my XLT and DFX all silver came in at 70 and above. California ground didn't matter what changes I did and Jimmy Serria lived near me and taught me how to program the machines.

#1.. Compare the various models with the same size and type of coil. preferably the stock 950.

#2.. Explain the settings used on ALL models.

#3.. Make sure the 6000 Pro XL has a meter that is set to '0' when turned of and the coil toward the ground so the display is closer to 'flat'.

Most quarters come in on mine at about the 'A' plus-or-minus a little in the word QuArter, and silver quarters register a little higher. I have found through the many, many, many years of using the analog display models from White's and the 17 XLT's I have personally owned, that the analog display will more often than not produce a 'proper' visual ID of the detected target when within a functional range (coil-to-target distance).

The reverse of this has also been true, in that I have had errant TID's more often than not with the digital display models than the analog models.

So, if we all know what your settings are for each model you're comparing, that would help. Also, describe each test target, and the reading each unti produces.

#4.. As a control test, use a common US 5

I wish I had the time to do the test you are asking me to do. I have used White's for years now and if I go with preset on the XL6000 gold rings, silver rings and silver jewelery all come in at 50-60. Nickels come in at nickel unless they are mixed with other coins...silver coins come in at 70 and above the more silver the later the number a silver dollar comes in at 90 plus. Just makes it a bit harder for silver rings and gold becasue the reading they come in at are where those cruddy pennies come in at.

My wedding band reads slightly higher than a modern 5

See if this helps...

The first pic are where gold rings fall on the 6000 meter. The second pic shows the silver rings.

-IDETECT