Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XLT detecting in Texas

I finally got my XLT programmed perfectly for where I live in Indiana. I recently just got sent down to Plano, Texas for 3 weeks of training and I decided to bring my detector with me. I found a few nice coins, my best being a 1898 Barber dime, second best would be a 1936 silver quarter. but I've had some serious problems ground balancing my detector here.

Some of the places I've detected, the ground has been very rocky, in other places, the ground has been black dirt. The detector every once in a while just goes wacky and it appears I'm getting a lot of false signals or the screen jumps all over the place and it cannot determine what is in the ground. Any suggestions?? The only way I so far found that calms it down is to power it off and then rebalance.