Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XLT problem..

Randy (KY)

I've been waiting on the weeds to die back so I could hunt a couple places, in the meantime I loaded up the XLT with fresh batteries for a test run. When I turned it on I got a screen full of vertical lines although the detector seems to be working fine otherwise. The longer I leave the batteries in, the problem slowly gets better even with the machine off, as long as I don't take the batteries out. It's working fine other than that, so I can't justify a new one just yet, even though it's about 14 years old, (bought it in Dec. 95). I can leave the batteries in the machine as that seems to fix the problem short term, but I hate to do that as I NEVER leave batteries in my detector, not even over night. Have any of you had this problem?

1. Install a good battery.
2. Turn ON wait for MAIN MENU to appear.
3. Open battery door and remove battery while
detector is still ON.
4. Wait one minute, re-install battery, turn
detector ON, and check for proper function.

This is from the XLT manual.

[size=large] The problems will start with lines across the screen at times and at differeant intensities or only left or right half the screen will funtion at times. These gliches can be random and not happen all the time. You may be able to use your detector for quite some time before your screen completely goes out. Whites repair on a new screen is about $65 bucks, much cheaper than a new detector. [/size]

n/t

"Travis" was the adult chimpanzee who was kept as a pet , and who recently severely mauled a woman who had come to visit and help contain him as he was becoming unruly.

"ALL" your battery contacts----not just the ones on the out side of the bat pack,but also the ones inside the pac and also the ones the pac contacts INSIDE the detector. Just a suggestion. Bob :shrug: