Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XLT problem

nate-wi

lately i have been having a problem with my XLT. for as long as i have had it, the one of the clips that hold the battery in doesnt snap tight, but i have never had any problems with it. but during the past few hunts i have went on, my detector just turns off at random. i have figured out a way to get the clip to stay snapped tight, and it doesnt appear that it is coming loose, but sometimes my detector will just turn off and i can't seem to figure out why. just wondering if anyone has had this same problem and if they can help me out with it. thanks!

Take the battery out and you will see two metal strips in the back of the detector. If you have needle nose pliers, gently grab those two strips (one at a time.) and pull them towards you. Not too much though. Those are spring loaded and sometimes have a tendency to bend away from the battery contacts over time.

You can lose contact with the battery pack when this happens and it will turn your machine off.

Now if your XLT is still under warranty then I recommend that you send it in to the Whites repair facility in your area for them to do this.

As for the door clip not holding your battery door closed you will have to ship your detector back to be repaired for that. No getting around that one.

thank you very much...i had a feeling that was the problem and i am glad that it isn't anything more than that.