Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XLT prospecting mode

Gone Bananas

I'm new to prospecting (have found a little gold with my new sluice box) and metal detecting (just recently bought an XLT for a good price, which I wish had been a Gold Bug 2 or a Minelab 3500, but oh well!). I was rather curious if anybody has had any luck using the prospecting mode of the XLT to find nuggets. Doesn't seem to be much info concerning this. I've followed the XLT forum for a while and haven't seen much there, either. I live a short distance from several good gold areas here in Oregon and would like to try out my XLT for nugget shooting. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You really need to get yourself some type of gold machine. XLT's are great machines but gold is a whole different ball game. Most gold is 1 gram or less. The XLT with a 10" coil probably won't see a tiny piece of gold at any real depth. Add to that the high mineralization where you find most gold and it is too much for the machine.
Save your coins and get the best gold machine you can afford, if the XLT is it, good luck.
-Joe