Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Xmas Detector

mick

My daughter has been asking for a metal detector to join me on beach hunts and the occasional meteorite trips. She is 9 years old and very petite (aka small...lol). I mean like 4'2" and about 50 lbs soaking wet. Don't worry she's a Leo and plenty tough.

I was looking at the Fast Tracker but the Tracker IV looks good too. Any thoughts? Mostly beach hunting but she wants to go with me to find meteorites (H Chondrites and they scream). I'm just not familiar with the bounty hunter line. Any help would be appreciated and I'd appreciate a recommendation on a good dealer to make the purchase.

thanks

mick

So let me ask it this way. I like the tracker IV. Do you think she is too small to handle the weight?

sent you a pm mick.

The TK4 is a full size metal detector-- light weight, but full size.

The BH Junior ( typically about $60 retail) looks like a toy but the electronics are the real thing. And it's even easier to use than the TK4. However you'll have to teach her to swing the searchcoil flat, because that particular mechanical package tends to want to swing dipsy-doodle like a pendelum if you're not paying attention to technique.

I'd suggest you get her the BH Junior, and let her decide when she's outgrown it. When that happens you'll probably keep it as a backup unit.

--Dave Johnson
Chief Designer, FTP-Fisher

I saw the Jr and wondered if the guts were any good. I think the size is right. Thanks for the info.

mick

Dude! Dave Johnson answered your post! That's pretty cool! Can't get better advice on a detector than the guy who has been designing them for years. If he backs it up, it is good. Take care and HH.

capt.