Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XMAS EVE HUNT BRINGS SILVERS

beau61

Went out today with a modified Deus Fast program and started finding older coins.First was a large cent 1914,a 36 penny,2 nickels 29&31, a 40 quarter, and then a 1914 50 cent piece.Thats my 3rd 50cent piece from this park,2nd this year.Lots of trash also but it was worth it,like the program,dropping TX to 1 seemed to make a difference,full tones,sen 85.Tried to download pictures but failed,have pictures on Treasurenet,&Compass forum.Been detecting this field 20+ years so to pull these out ..., I'm stoked. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

You're tearing those coins out of the park. I wonder how many of them were on edge?? You have what seems like the secret weapon-Deus that is. What others detectors have you had in the park previously??

squirrel1 said:
You're tearing those coins out of the park. I wonder how many of them were on edge?? You have what seems like the secret weapon-Deus that is. What others detectors have you had in the park previously??
I've used Compass XP Pro,XP-350, Wilson Coin Select & Wilson R&C II,MXT,CZ-3D,AT Pro, AT Gold,Tek Turbo,Minelab Relic Hawk,Red Heat Tornado.Still have them all except the AT Pro,still like useing them all, but NOTHING like the DEUS,Love my Deus.

Have you been over any of the coins you dug and went back to TX=2 to see what they sound like??? I have a relic site I may need to go to TX=1 and just see. And um the CZ-3d and MXT are not bad machines by any means. I'm not familiar with the others you listed except AT Pro. So the speed of the Deus and coil footprint may be the reason. Which coil were you using???

This was the first hunt I used TX 1, All the detectors you haven't heard of were all made in the states except for the Relic Hawk(one of my deepest detectors).Deep is good where you need it,these coins I'm getting aren't more than 5".Hunted that park with many deep machines but they couldn't pull out coins 4-5" deep,.I've used the Deus over that field for3+ years,useing TX 2 or3,didn't pull these coins out,don't know why it didn', but useing TX 1 all of a sudden these old coins are popping out,go figure.

There you go. Sometimes less is more! I like running TX at 1 and sometimes 2. BUT to be honest, I can't really tell the difference! LOL!!!:drinking:

GREAT HUNT BY THE WAY!

beau61 said:
Went out today with a modified Deus Fast program and started finding older coins.First was a large cent 1914,a 36 penny,2 nickels 29&31, a 40 quarter, and then a 1914 50 cent piece.Thats my 3rd 50cent piece from this park,2nd this year.Lots of trash also but it was worth it,like the program,dropping TX to 1 seemed to make a difference,full tones,sen 85.Tried to download pictures but failed,have pictures on Treasurenet,&Compass forum.Been detecting this field 20+ years so to pull these out ..., I'm stoked. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
Went out an hour Xmas day and found a 27 wheatie and a 44 silver dime,went out today for an hour and found a 30 nickel and a 1880 silver 5 cent piece,thats 10 coins between 1880-1944 in 6 hours hunting,4 being silver.Really like this program.

1912 Quarter today,thats 5 silver in 4 days.they're all around 5"deep.useing 9" coil.1880 5cent .925, 1944 10 cent .800, 1912 25 cent .925, 1940 25 cent .800, 1914 50 cent .925 silver content.