Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP Button issue

sprchng

If you have large hands , the best improvement you can make ergonomically to the Deus is to stick some plastic cabinet door bumpers on the buttons to increase their reveal a bit. I wear a size 15 ring and knew the instant I opened the box that the rubber on the buttons would fail under the constant abuse from my fingernail which was about the only way I could operate the remote WITHOUT gloves on. With gloves on , I would need a probe.!! It might be nice gesture for XP to include a card of clear buttons with each detector to give the user an option. I found some at Wally World for a buck 38 and they've stuck on for months now with no failures

That sounds like a good idea. I imagine XP was trying to keep buttons with a low profile, but having something stick out would be nice. I put some zagg film on the entire front of mine and it gives it a nice tactile feel and I can still see the markings. Not to mention it keeps things clean and protected. I just buy the film for odd systems not made any longer for around $10 and cut the film to fit where I want it.

I wear gloves and would think that your idea with putting something on the buttons would help me

Yup those little stick on bumpers work great.Been using them for years on several different machines :thumbup:

sprchng said:
If you have large hands , the best improvement you can make ergonomically to the Deus is to stick some plastic cabinet door bumpers on the buttons to increase their reveal a bit. I wear a size 15 ring and knew the instant I opened the box that the rubber on the buttons would fail under the constant abuse from my fingernail which was about the only way I could operate the remote WITHOUT gloves on. With gloves on , I would need a probe.!! It might be nice gesture for XP to include a card of clear buttons with each detector to give the user an option. I found some at Wally World for a buck 38 and they've stuck on for months now with no failures

You are right. I don't have large hands myself so it is not a issue but your idea is a valid one they should consider.

That was a great idea. I had a hard time switching programs with my Deus controller in the arm band holder with winter gloves on. Those little clear cabinet door bumpers fit nicely over the buttons and make it easy as pie to switch programs. Especially handy when I want to switch on the fly to the adjacent 4 kHz program I use to help sniff out those deep iron impostors.

I have pretty big fingers myself.....

I found I could push them just fine if my thumb is vertical but the 'V' ridge really is a design flaw and keeps the pad of my thumb from pushing down if my thumb is a bit sideways like it would be adjusting settings with the remote off the unit.

Could someone please post a link to where one can buy these clear cabinet door bumpers and or what size they are. Thanks

They need to be .3" or 9mm or smaller. Any larger and they bind on the edge of the faceplate.

Take your pick....

http://www.homedepot.com/s/cabinet%2520door%2520bumper?NCNI-5

The 5/16" ones listed should work, that's .3125, probably borderline, but should work.

The clear cabinet buttons work great on the Deus remote.
The size is a 3/8" clear button. This also works great with
the aryca waterproof case as the buttons add a better touch
and feel when making selections on the remote.Have gotten
some really good ideas from some of you Deus users that
like to experiment with small MODS. Some really great
people on this Forum using a really GREAT machine!!!
The Deus is AWESOME....
silverseeker 2

silverseeker 2 said:
The clear cabinet buttons work great on the Deus remote.
The size is a 3/8" clear button. This also works great with
the aryca waterproof case as the buttons add a better touch
and feel when making selections on the remote.Have gotten
some really good ideas from some of you Deus users that
like to experiment with small MODS. Some really great
people on this Forum using a really GREAT machine!!!
The Deus is AWESOME....
silverseeker 2
Hi Beep! I applied the domed type of bumpers to my console and put it into my aryca case and they seemed to tall for my liking. However I used the rubber connective material that held them together and it was the perfect thickness to flush up the recess. Y'all did good with this idea. Thanks much.
ALOHA