Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP coils choice?

dough

I already have an HF elliptical coil that I love using in yards, trashy areas or when hunkering down. But I just don't like using it when hunting open fields, large areas etc.

I'm considering adding the 11" X35 coil to the arsenal.

Has anybody else added an X35 to their arsenal for hunting open fields etc and what was your results?

Or does anyone have any thoughts on this?

I just used the X35 11x13 in a frozen farm field yesterday using pitch mode. It worked great. I fould 3 nice buttons and a lead bale seal. The coil was stable and sounded off nicely. Great coverage and depth. The 11 inch X35 is nice too for large yards and around cellar holes. Both of these will be good to add.

I have the 9"x35 and both the elliptical and the 9"hfs. I love them all. HF coils are great but the elliptical is too small for field hunting. How often do you really field hunt? IMO unless you do a lot of field hunting in cleaner areas, the 11" is more limited due to separation issues. I traded in my 11" coils because I simply was not using a $400 coil often enough to justify keeping it. But your situation may be different. HH

I have the 9 x 5 HF elliptical and the 9 and 11 x35s. I have mostly parks to hunt in so I have a lot of trashy areas to hunt. The 9 x 5 and the 9 x35 are good in trash. But there are also large areas of my parks that are more like pastures as far as density of targets so the 11 x35 does well there giving good coverage per sweep..

As a relic hunter the situation can be pretty fluid even during the hunt moving from location to another. A few weeks ago I hunted a spot that part of it was trashy (yard) and then moved to the fields. I ended up putting on the original 11" coil, but those HF coils are the bomb.