Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP D2 depth

Lt4ever

I have been using the D2 in an open field that has 1700's artifacts. So far I have found lots of flat buttons, Va half pennies and A few CW relics. All the things I have found has not been more than 8" deep. Any of my other detectors would find them. So, in my opinion, either there is not anything deep in that field or the D-2 is not as good as expected. I have used several programs with the same results.

I have been using the D2 in an open field that has 1700's artifacts. So far I have found lots of flat buttons, Va half pennies and A few CW relics. All the things I have found has not been more than 8" deep. Any of my other detectors would find them. So, in my opinion, either there is not anything deep in that field or the D-2 is not as good as expected. I have used several programs with the same results.
I will be happy to follow along behind you with the GPX 5000 and let you know if you're missing anyting 😝

I'm no scientist or engineer. I detect everyday the weather allows. My take- I'm guessing the soil moisture has changed or there's no targets left. I'm no XP fan boy, but I have to say my D2 9in coil is better than my 11in Nox. I didn't say deeper (although it may be deeper too), I said better...the reason being my 11in Nox might sound off on a foot deep target (and it has) but it's a whisper, where the D2 (stock modulation settings) is fairly loud.

Grab one of your Spectrums, put it in Mixed Mode, and you'll have your answer. Or Joe and I can come do some 5000 clean-up :cool:

The D2 Relic Mode is crazy deep. I’ve also been impressed with the depth of even the fast modes. I use a Fast mode modified to three tones and tone breaks and I’ve pulled Indians from 8 inches in the midst of nails and farm iron. I attached an 1867 I found yesterday.

Attachments

• 60A9BEB9-B60B-4E06-9278-23B1C0F1DABA.jpeg
    60A9BEB9-B60B-4E06-9278-23B1C0F1DABA.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 71
It’s no doubt the deepest VLF unit I’ve ever used at the beach. It’s no slouch!

The D2 (in my use) surpasses any detector I have ever owned (CTX and Anfibio included). I am using the 9" coil with a modified Deep HC program. I recently played around with it on the beach (beach sensitive) and I was hitting a pop-top at 14"-16" (with ID).

The D2 (in my use) surpasses any detector I have ever owned (CTX and Anfibio included). I am using the 9" coil with a modified Deep HC program. I recently played around with it on the beach (beach sensitive) and I was hitting a pop-top at 14"-16" (with ID).
Please send me your modified program and I will try it next time out

I'm no scientist or engineer. I detect everyday the weather allows. My take- I'm guessing the soil moisture has changed or there's no targets left. I'm no XP fan boy, but I have to say my D2 9in coil is better than my 11in Nox. I didn't say deeper (although it may be deeper too), I said better...the reason being my 11in Nox might sound off on a foot deep target (and it has) but it's a whisper, where the D2 (stock modulation settings) is fairly loud.
I believe the 9" coil is the better one to have I loved my 9" LF the 11" on my Deus 2 I do not care for at all!
Mark