Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP Deus 2 Book?

Has anyone heard if Andy Sabisch is working on a handbook for the Deus 2. I’ve learned a lot here on the forum and from just getting out in the field but in the past I’ve found his handbooks quite useful for getting the most out my machines. (Lots of tips and tricks you might not think of.) Thanks everyone. I hope you are all out making some amazing finds.

From my experiences....what some may find works for them doesn't necessarily mean it works for you.

You can learn the most of what your unit can do by studying the manual and learning what programs are the best for specific targets.

Then go out in the field and try going between different programs and setting them up to see the benefits between them.

Not saying to quit seeking out advice and experiences from other sources but, adding your own experiences will only make you more aware of the limitations or benefits of each program and configurations you change yourself.

From my experiences....what some may find works for them doesn't necessarily mean it works for you.

You can learn the most of what your unit can do by studying the manual and learning what programs are the best for specific targets.

Then go out in the field and try going between different programs and setting them up to see the benefits between them.

Not saying to quit seeking out advice and experiences from other sources but, adding your own experiences will only make you more aware of the limitations or benefits of each program and configurations you change yourself.
Many years ago I bought NASA Toms dvd and he specifically stated the results he demonstrated and settings was for Florida’s soil and you might get something different where you are. Fortunately i was in Florida soil but makes sense what works in one area might be totally different in another.
One reason i take some of these youtube videos with a grain of salt because some act as if they are fact for everyone everywhere. Most of those type videos and books are basically marketing.
There is a guy that advertises a bridge for sale in Brooklyn I believe 😆im sure numerous people have put a deposit down

Has anyone heard if Andy Sabisch is working on a handbook for the Deus 2. I’ve learned a lot here on the forum and from just getting out in the field but in the past I’ve found his handbooks quite useful for getting the most out my machines. (Lots of tips and tricks you might not think of.) Thanks everyone. I hope you are all out making some amazing finds.
A post a couple of months ago by John Oliver. He put together a hands on field manual for the Deus 2 showing settings, VDI's and shortcuts. It is a hand written field reference guide based on the Deus 2 for Dummies book. It is a great source as a quick reference for anything Deus 2.

These books got me thinking, has anyone detected with the D2 in one area got used to the VDI numbers, settings etc and then took their D2 to another area far like out of state or country and got either the same results or totally different results.
For example if say quarters always read around 60 in New York but then in California did they also read around 60 or something totally off like around 30.
I never actually detected far from this area so should they read about the same no matter where you go?

A post a couple of months ago by John Oliver. He put together a hands on field manual for the Deus 2 showing settings, VDI's and shortcuts. It is a hand written field reference guide based on the Deus 2 for Dummies book. It is a great source as a quick reference for anything Deus 2.

I saw that and was interested but my concern is the latest update V1.01 Came out right after
Tony NJ

These books got me thinking, has anyone detected with the D2 in one area got used to the VDI numbers, settings etc and then took their D2 to another area far like out of state or country and got either the same results or totally different results.
For example if say quarters always read around 60 in New York but then in California did they also read around 60 or something totally off like around 30.
I never actually detected far from this area so should they read about the same no matter where you go?
I hunt only the beach and have noticed a difference in the wet and dry. Today I was getting a solid 59 vdi in the wet sand, I'm thinking nickel, pull tab, maybe a gold ring. Heck no, a bottle cap, not once, not twice but 3 times I got fooled. I have also had quarters ring up in the low 70's, pennies low thirties to 91. I guess the combination of the black sand and salt water can play tricks on you. I'm sure its the same with the different combinations of soil across the country. All the videos on air tests, test gardens and opinions are entertaining but not always that easy. I've dug really good signals and it turns out to be junk and then dig a really iffy signal and it turns out to be gold or silver, go figure. Nobody has it figured out, we are all just guessing and hoping for the best, in my opinion.

I hunt only the beach and have noticed a difference in the wet and dry. Today I was getting a solid 59 vdi in the wet sand, I'm thinking nickel, pull tab, maybe a gold ring. Heck no, a bottle cap, not once, not twice but 3 times I got fooled. I have also had quarters ring up in the low 70's, pennies low thirties to 91. I guess the combination of the black sand and salt water can play tricks on you. I'm sure its the same with the different combinations of soil across the country. All the videos on air tests, test gardens and opinions are entertaining but not always that easy. I've dug really good signals and it turns out to be junk and then dig a really iffy signal and it turns out to be gold or silver, go figure. Nobody has it figured out, we are all just guessing and hoping for the best, in my opinion.
Thanks Buckeeeee, thats what I figured.
Ive seen jewelry come up all over the place number wise. So i have to wonder sometimes what’s left behind.
I think numbers are more consistent for coins was just curious if the location made the numbers change for the same target. Haven’t been rich enough to travel with my detectors 😆

It’s all about T and E ( Trial & Error) and repetition. No matter how much I read the manual it doesn’t sink in. If it clicks at all it’s when I do it for myself in the field or woods.

It’s all about T and E ( Trial & Error) and repetition. No matter how much I read the manual it doesn’t sink in. If it clicks at all it’s when I do it for myself in the field or woods.
Everyone has a different way of learning and what works for them depending on ground conditionsI. I don’t think it’s an exact science. Many variables involved. I think anything weather it’s videos, books, what and how you hunt is different for everyone. What works for one might not work for another

Everyone has a different way of learning and what works for them depending on ground conditionsI. I don’t think it’s an exact science. Many variables involved. I think anything weather it’s videos, books, what and how you hunt is different for everyone. What works for one might not work for another
I have to agree with this….Too many variables to etch anything in stone….Learn good practices for your area, and by all means (and I’m telling myself this one) stick with and learn everything there is to know about your detector !