Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP Deus 2 coils 11 inch or 13 inch preferred

Joseph in Alabama

Looking to get a bigger coil then the 9” I have
Any pros cons on either the 11 or 13 would be greatly appreciated..used mainly for beach hunting but also some field relic hunting
Thank You for Your time. joe

I have the 9" also. Personally I don't like anything over 11". Over 11 and they start to feel awkward to me.
Same here. Had the 13”, traded for an 11”….I have the 9” also. I got this machine for not only the capability, but weight also. The 13” takes me in the direction of “not that light anymore”. A lot of people like it though, if the few extra ounces doesn’t matter and you want to cover ground at depth…the 13” will do it for sure.

I have the 9 and 11, not much need for the 13, the terrain I detect doesn’t mesh well with a coil that big. Pro to the 13 you do get a stiffer rod. Prob can’t go wrong with either imo, just make sure the 13 will be practical for you detecting. My thoughts.

Same here got the D2 with 9” for weight
It was said 9” for best separation and weight inland. 11” on the beach better for depth in less trash. I suppose if you want ultimate depth on the beach and weight is not a factor go 13”.

Same here got the D2 with 9” for weight
It was said 9” for best separation and weight inland. 11” on the beach better for depth in less trash. I suppose if you want ultimate depth on the beach and weight is not a factor go 13”.
Yep if I was to get a bigger coil I have the 9" which is perfect I would get the 13"
Mark

I could be wrong on the Deus, but in my experience with elliptical coils, the 13" (13"x11") will get a wider sweep but not necessarily greater depth than the narrowest side (11").
Good for quickly covering more ground, but not necessarily going to find deeper targets than the lighter 11" coil. Something to consider when choosing.

I could be wrong on the Deus, but in my experience with elliptical coils, the 13" (13"x11") will get a wider sweep but not necessarily greater depth than the narrowest side (11").
Good for quickly covering more ground, but not necessarily going to find deeper targets than the lighter 11" coil. Something to consider when choosing.
Thats a interesting point. The whole premise of the 13” coil was to get better depth not necessarily a 1” wider swing.
Who would spend all that money to go an extra inch on the sides.

I ordered my D2 w/ the 13” because I hunt mostly the beach so that’s all I know. I also got a carbon fiber lower shaft because the original had some flex when swinging in water. I’m going with the 9 inch coil next. I don’t see any reason to get the 11” since I’m already used to the 13.

Joseph, in hindsight I think I would have been just as happy with the 11 inch coil.

HH, Dan

Thats a interesting point. The whole premise of the 13” coil was to get better depth not necessarily a 1” wider swing.
I paid for the extra depth and that's exactly what I got. So pleased with the coil I paid out even more for Steve g's counterbalance shafts. When a coil can punch down below the plow zone it's a winner in my book.

I paid for the extra depth and that's exactly what I got. So pleased with the coil I paid out even more for Steve g's counterbalance shafts. When a coil can punch down below the plow zone it's a winner in my book.
Have you been able to actually compare the 13x11 with the 11 round? I would be interested to hear your thoughts.
Theoretically, it should be equivalent to the detection depth of a 12" coil, but like I said before, that's not my experience with other detectors.

That would be a 2" more coverage tip-to-toe. Great if you want to cover more area in less time without sacrificing depth.
But horrible if you are covering furrowed fields or rough terrain. The 9" coil is tops for those areas IMO.

That would be a 2" more coverage tip-to-toe. Great if you want to cover more area in less time without sacrificing depth.
But horrible if you are covering furrowed fields or rough terrain. The 9" coil is tops for those areas IMO.
I suppose 2” extra front to back adds up in the long run if covering a huge area. Works out to 1 swing saved for every 6-7 you do,10 for every 60-70 something like that if your counting lol.

The 9” coil is a keeper its so impressive.. Fellow I know had mentioned to Me awhile back He didn’t see a big difference in depth between 9 and 11 inch on beach.. was leaning towards a 11” if it was some deeper on depth than the 9”.. the 13” would seem to be really nose heavy to swing any amount of time….really appreciate Everyone’s thoughts on the topic..Joe

Last edited:
I currently use the 11" coil which suits me fine, and it gets in-between the iron great. So I don't know if the 9 will help me any, but that 13 I could see an extra advantage in just a little more depth for relic hunting.

I have the 9” which I use most cause I detect a lot in dense woodlands. I use the 11” for the greater coverage and depth when those parameters seem more important. But if I had large areas to cover either beach or fields, I’d certainly buy the 13 x 11 for whatever advantage it gave - but it wouldn’t get enough use now to justify the cost. The added nose weight is definitely a factor for me too. I’m hoping my next coil will be a small elliptical but XP isn’t offering one yet for the Deus 2.

I have the 9” which I use most cause I detect a lot in dense woodlands. I use the 11” for the greater coverage and depth when those parameters seem more important. But if I had large areas to cover either beach or fields, I’d certainly buy the 13 x 11 for whatever advantage it gave - but it wouldn’t get enough use now to justify the cost. The added nose weight is definitely a factor for me too. I’m hoping my next coil will be a small elliptical but XP isn’t offering one yet for the Deus 2.
I would be happy with a small round coil 6” would be great

I have the 11" and the 13". Swing the 13" on the beach. I wish I had the 9" and the 13".