Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP Deus 2 coils 11 inch or 13 inch preferred

Depth is determined from width of a coil not length so the coils will be the same in depth . However that hotspot center of coil will be larger on the bigger coil making it appear to hit harder under the coil (ANOTHER WORDS A LONGER HOT SPOT) .
So the bigger coil will cover more ground at depth per sweep than the 11 but no deeper .This is what I always thought and till someone proves otherwise I will stick to this . sube

I have 9 & 13. Use the 9 mostly as I'm in trashy areas. The 13 is noticably heavier and I did put an offset attachment which does help.
I put a carbon fiber lower shaft on and it really stiffened up everything. Not that it was a big issue with the 9” but now it’s stiff as a board. I would imagine with especially the 13” its almost necessary

Is it because the 11” and 13” are very similar iyo ?
Pretty much. I am primarily a beach hunter and like the extra coverage of the 13". I feel like the 9" and "13 would better cover different detecting scenarios. Was also thinking the 9" might swing better in the water.

I always use the 11" on the beach because as Sube corrected stated, the 13 is no deeper because they are the same width...which determines the depth capability. At least that's been my personal experience over the years of trying many many coils on many different detectors.

I recently added a 9" coil to my kit for relic hunting in rocky, wooded terrain of Tennessee where my daughter and her husband live.

Depth is determined from width of a coil not length so the coils will be the same in depth . However that hotspot center of coil will be larger on the bigger coil making it appear to hit harder under the coil (ANOTHER WORDS A LONGER HOT SPOT) .
So the bigger coil will cover more ground at depth per sweep than the 11 but no deeper .This is what I always thought and till someone proves otherwise I will stick to this . sube
I agree well said.

I got the feeling (on D1) that the heavier large coil did not only pull more on the wrist causing pain on longer walks but also makes you swing slower which reduces the better ground coverage. The size was great, if you had to check a specific area very careful since it is much easier to overlap your swings than with a smaller coil. And as I needed to dig each scratch signal in such a place I got some signals the smaller coils missed.

Attachments

• 5D3_7488.CR2.jpg
    5D3_7488.CR2.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 58