Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

xp Deus 2 vs ctx3030

It's all about knowing your detector, get proficient with the sounds. So far, everything I have gut could be found by most detectors, 6 to 8". The key is getting the coil over the target which is a small area when the target is deep.

I have 1000s of hours on the Nox and about 40 on the D2 so I don't know the D2 well yet but head to head in thick iron, 10in coiltek on the Nox and 9in coil on the D2, they both heard the same targets. Now, I've been searching with the D2 then checking with the Nox, so maybe the Minelab subtle tones wouldn't have made me stop had I used that detector first and checked with the D2 ...I don't know. I did go over a cellar hole lip yesterday that I cleaned out, even with the 6in Nox coil...I dug a flat button with the D2...but there was a few years in between, and things change, so more testing is necessary.

I have a ORX and a Nokta CoRe. Both have their place. In high EMI the Nokta works much better while the ORX does better in iron. Recently I went back to a site that a friend and I worked in the 1970’s. Detectors we used in the 1970’s on this site were the White’s Eagle, a Technetics,a Garrett Ace and ADS 7. At that time we found over 2 thousand wheat back Pennie’s, numerous silver coins from as early as 1872 to the early 1960’s. We also found numerous v nickels and nickels that dated into the 1960’s. Coins were found as deep as 6 inches with many found on edge as the soil here is hard and cracks during the summer. Recently went over the area again with the Nokta and ORX. Did not find a single old coin just recent drops. Just because something is new doesn’t mean you’re going to find missed stuff. The older machines in the soil and depth in our area worked just fine. The one thing I do love about the new machines is how light they are.

Great post xindaris.I always chuckle when i hear how the latest greatest detector can make old sites "come alive" again.....its almost like targets will jump out of the ground into your finds bag.I've had loads of detectors over the years and have yet to discover one of these legendary machines,i stopped looking a long while ago and i use older detectors than most nowdays but i still do just as well as anybody else as far as finds rates are concerned.I have a machine that was concieved in the 90's that i would put up against any machine available today on an iron infested site over here in the uk......it's technology dates back to the very first detectors but it's still relevant in this particular machine today.

Great post xindaris.I always chuckle when i hear how the latest greatest detector can make old sites "come alive" again.....its almost like targets will jump out of the ground into your finds bag.I've had loads of detectors over the years and have yet to discover one of these legendary machines,i stopped looking a long while ago and i use older detectors than most nowdays but i still do just as well as anybody else as far as finds rates are concerned.I have a machine that was concieved in the 90's that i would put up against any machine available today on an iron infested site over here in the uk......it's technology dates back to the very first detectors but it's still relevant in this particular machine today.
Your post speaks reams about experience and confidence because of it. I see to many people jumping machines and never really getting a "handle" on any one unit. I am still convinced that multi frequency has its advantages and even after 5 plus years on one I am continuing to build my confidence level. I have very little confidence with the Deus 2.
At the end of the day it all boils down to
did you have fun
do you have the finds to show
HH Jeff

Your post speaks reams about experience and confidence because of it. I see to many people jumping machines and never really getting a "handle" on any one unit. I am still convinced that multi frequency has its advantages and even after 5 plus years on one I am continuing to build my confidence level. I have very little confidence with the Deus 2.
did you have fun
HH Jeff
I wish I could buy you and Nauti a beer. Last night i watched a long review of the Deus 2. At the end the reviewer noted the good features it possesses but stated that if you enjoy the machine you have now you might not want to change because some new owners may find it too complicated for their tastes. Notes he is sticking with his current machine for now which is a very popular model. Even if you really do well with what you have, a lot of us suffer from positive reinforcement syndrome where unless we have the newest technology out there we fear we will under perform. I see the same thing with mobile phones, cameras, pc's etc. Would we have missed something good with another model? Maybe. Sometimes I see the same thing with the old machines. Have a friend who has made some amazing finds even with analog machines as well as our newer models. He's getting rid of them all because a friend is doing well with another company which really doesnt have the best machines in this business( Don't worry not ML or XP) What he does have is access to sites most of us don't. I do know most folk want a SMF machine(me too) and if you're able to have that and a good single multiple kfz like Deus 1 thats all you need IMO. Prediction: The next ML to come out will be EQ 2 with all the features of ML 1 and Deus 2 for about $400 less.:ROFLMAO:

"Positive reinforcement syndrome"........i like that description and as you say a lot of us have suffered from it including me a long while ago lol.When a machine comes out that really makes a difference to my finds rates i'll be on it but for now i will keep "living in the past" with my outdated detectors.😂😂Great post LTDigger.👍👍

I wish I could buy you and Nauti a beer. Last night i watched a long review of the Deus 2. At the end the reviewer noted the good features it possesses but stated that if you enjoy the machine you have now you might not want to change because some new owners may find it too complicated for their tastes. Notes he is sticking with his current machine for now which is a very popular model. Even if you really do well with what you have, a lot of us suffer from positive reinforcement syndrome where unless we have the newest technology out there we fear we will under perform. I see the same thing with mobile phones, cameras, pc's etc. Would we have missed something good with another model? Maybe. Sometimes I see the same thing with the old machines. Have a friend who has made some amazing finds even with analog machines as well as our newer models. He's getting rid of them all because a friend is doing well with another company which really doesnt have the best machines in this business( Don't worry not ML or XP) What he does have is access to sites most of us don't. I do know most folk want a SMF machine(me too) and if you're able to have that and a good single multiple kfz like Deus 1 thats all you need IMO. Prediction: The next ML to come out will be EQ 2 with all the features of ML 1 and Deus 2 for about $400 less.:ROFLMAO:
:beers:

Why is it that I can stand right next to another fisherman, use the exact same equipment and bait, and he catches most of the fish.

Metal detecting is a lot like that.
Luck has a lot to do with it.
To have the good luck of finding something of value ... someone else had to have the bad luck of losing it.

For one reason or another we all have our personal opinions as to what is the best equipment and each should be respected.
Just remember that Metal detecting is about the only recreational activity that will pay you back in real money.
New equipment is an investment to your health as well as your pocket.

Lol......i've been in that fishing situation too.......i've had better gear and still been whupped by anglers either side of me......all the gear no idea springs to mind in my case.😂.

did you have fun
HH Jeff

Yep^^^^^^^^