Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP Deus 2 wear.

basstrackerman

I'm getting some wear on the non rubber washer side of my coil and my lower shaft. You can see the pictures I posted here .. two of the pictures show no wear at all and the other two pictures show a lot of wear. I Beach hunt mostly on the beach and within a foot or two of water. I rinse off very well after every use I pulled a deus completely apart. I think the design is really good to keep the stress off of the coil ears for land hunters but I think it falls short for Beach hunters were sand can get in there and grind away. It's got them divots all the way around the end of the shaft. Those holes hold sand and even though I have the coil as tight as I can get it you can still move a quarter of an inch maybe even a half an inch because there's only one washer holding the coil from pivoting. It needs to to lock down the coil really well to keep it from rotating while you're detecting. What do you guys think? I did buy an Anderson carbon fiber shaft that should take care of the problem. The shaft actually feels really good made very well I made a couple of minor changes to it and it'll just be my everyday shaft for everything.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220623-082208_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220623-082208_Photos.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 20220622_093630.jpg
    20220622_093630.jpg
    742 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot_20220622-094638_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220622-094638_Photos.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot_20220622-093912_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220622-093912_Photos.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 66
Looks like a problem to me the equinox will do the same thing..
Mark
Yeah I had a problem with the equinox doing the same thing with the stock shaft then teardrop shaped rubber washers wore out quickly and started wearing on the ears of the coil. After I got my aftermarket shaft I never had any more issues with the coil ears on the equinox. But on the Deus if you notice in the pics the side with the washer has no wear at all.. the side was out the washer is wearing really bad. That's why I say I think it's more of a design flaw than anything for Beach hunters it's a fantastic design for land hunters because it doesn't put any stress on the actual coil ears the way XP made that little cone shaped fitting that fits in the right side of the coil it pushes the coil over against the rubber washer and the head of the bolt pushes the coil ear against the rubber washer hence making zero pressure on the actual ear itself and all of the pressure on the rubber washer.

Every machine Ive owned in the last 20+ years, the tiniest grains of sand will eventually get in and cause wear. Occupational hazard of of working in the surf.
Wash as best you can.

HH
Donna(NJ)
I do agree that small grains of sand will eventually get in some place but in the short period of time that I've hunted on the beach it has caused a large amount of wear especially on the end of the lower shaft it's chewed it up like it's been put up to a grinder. The side with a rubber washer has zero wear looks like new. And I do take it apart I take the coil off the lower rod and wash everything really well after each use so it has to be grinding away while I'm hunting on the beach. Because it's always washed very well before I do land hunting with it. I've already bought an Anderson shaft to use that's my everyday shaft. But I may go ahead and purchase a simplex lower rod and read it up to work on the Deus.

I'm getting some wear on the non rubber washer side of my coil and my lower shaft. You can see the pictures I posted here .. two of the pictures show no wear at all and the other two pictures show a lot of wear. I Beach hunt mostly on the beach and within a foot or two of water. I rinse off very well after every use I pulled a deus completely apart. I think the design is really good to keep the stress off of the coil ears for land hunters but I think it falls short for Beach hunters were sand can get in there and grind away. It's got them divots all the way around the end of the shaft. Those holes hold sand and even though I have the coil as tight as I can get it you can still move a quarter of an inch maybe even a half an inch because there's only one washer holding the coil from pivoting. It needs to to lock down the coil really well to keep it from rotating while you're detecting. What do you guys think? I did buy an Anderson carbon fiber shaft that should take care of the problem. The shaft actually feels really good made very well I made a couple of minor changes to it and it'll just be my everyday shaft for everything.
I clean my coil after every hunt by taking off the cover to reduce crap - thanks for the heads up on the washer. I’ll look at that more often.
Glad it came with a back up washer.