Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Xp deus 2 with 9 inch or 11 inch coil

Waterdog

Will the 9 inch coil or the 11 inch coil do it for me ? I hunt primary grass areas, but during the summer I hunt a lot in the water wading. Once in a while I go to the beach areas of the pacific coast , while there are times I hunt the mountain areas of the Sierras. Decisions, decision. Which way do I go George ...

I went with both. They each have their own place. When walking out on a huge beach the 11" is on. In the forest, park, with all the obstacles the 9".They're both great coils. I would like to see more coils like the HF elliptical or something.

Also, like everyone mentions, in the water the 9" coil is going to be much easier to use, and with its depth I don't think you're going to miss anything.

The 11" coil would be better than the 9" one. Because you will cover more ground with it. I have the deus 2 and i have dug a back of an earring 10" deep. It take's awhile to learn how to use it too.

From your descriptions of where you hunt, I would go with the 9" if the grassy areas are lawns.
If fields than beach and field 11"
I have the 9"on my Deus2 and had all of the coils for my Deus1.
For the most part I run the 9" on both all the time and don't think I'm missing anything.
But I also don't think you can go wrong with either coil.

I recommend the 9” as it is A LOT more powerful than most realize. The 11” would be great for the beach/ocean however, how often are you gonna go there? I’ve had a XP Goldmaxx Power for many years, and I have ALL the coils including the NELS. NOTHING works as good especially in separating iron than the 9” round. And based at what I’m seeing so far,,, I’m thinking it’s probably the same w the D2.
Just my 2 cents worth….
Aaron

I have the 11 because it came with the machine because I didn’t want to wait. I can tell you that the 11 separates very well. I have pick out coins in areas I have been over many times.
Whichever one you get, make sure you wash out the coil cover often

anyone see enough difference in the 11 in depth to make it their go to coil over the 9 inch coil in the park ?

anyone see enough difference in the 11 in depth to make it their go to coil over the 9 inch coil in the park ?
You know I’ve alternating between the 9 and 11 in the park I’ve been hunting and wile I don’t see any real depth difference I keep picking up targets I missed with the 9. I think I must have have just not put the 9 over the target. I prefer how the 9 balances and how it zero’s in on the target better. Still getting accustomed to the 11 though.
I have a test garden with some challenging targets and the 11 definitely hits them a little better
Me? I’m keeping both charged and with me!
It’s great to have both.