Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP Deus 3.2 finds gold and 1909 penny!!!

Kevin B.

I didn't have but about a half hour to go over a site that I have scanned in the past with the Deus's that I owned and sold. I recently acquired a used Deus 3.2. I was using the Deus Fast program. Sensitivity at 97. Disc at 3.5 or 3.8 (can't recall). Two Tones. 18 khz. Ground Balance at 78.
This area is blanketed with sqare nails and other ferrous stuff. I hit a good signal. Never even looked at the number. It also hit good at 90 degrees. Out pops this 14K gold men's ring!!!!!! It was shining fresh out of the ground. I quickly pocketed it. Kept swinging. Got an iffy signal. Dug it. Just seconds after finding the gold ring.....I found this 1909 (no mint mark) Indian Head stuck to the bottom of the second plug.
I took the stuff home. I have a 3" x 5" rare earth magnet that has incredible pull. I placed the ring on it. No attraction at all. Anyway......here's the pics from today's action in the field with the XP Deus:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k236/kevinb_010/100_0436_zpsba65d697.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k236/kevinb_010/100_0437_zpsf2078510.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k236/kevinb_010/100_0438_zpsa9c460d6.jpg
Thanks for looking. I hope it's really gold and not just plated. I am hoping that the magnet test was reliable. Merry Christmas

Yeah, like shadowman said, thats 14k gold alright! And a beauty! Good work!:clapping::please:
I liked how you were hunting by ear too, and posted your settings...very helpful.
Mud

Great finds! The penny is an Indian Head and 1909. Even without the S mint mark, it's still a good coin. Good looking ring as well. HH
Mike

Kevin

Great pair of finds . . . . glad to see you back in the Deus fold and hope 2014 turns up more great finds

Andy

mudpuppy said:
I liked how you were hunting by ear too, and posted your settings...very helpful.
Mud
Sure....it's not difficult at all. I set up my Deus with the control box. Then I pull it off....and put it in my pocket. I then dig only repeatable targets (even fringe targets with an iron tinge). But, to anser your question......I set up my Deus with my control box.....and then.....put it away (in a pocket). It would be my unlearned opinion that people's good finds would likely increase. JUST MY OPINION. When a coin is near a nail or other ferrous item.....the numbers will not be very accurate. So I set mine to TWO TONE and just let her rip. I dig all repeatable hi tone objects. Yes, I dig some can slaw and other stuff....but at 50.....I need the exercise.
I found a Eagle Martingale Heart with the Deus that showd up as FOIL!!!! Or even below foil. (In the 30's). I almost passed it by as I was only digging 60 through 95 targets. But I was going to dig it to get it out of the way. It was a fairly rare Eagle Martingale (with 13 stars sbove the Eagle) that was in the soil.....on edge.
And I appreciate the other comments!!!!!! Very much!!!!! Going hunting today!!!!