Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP DEUS BATTERIES

oneill

Replacement batteries for the xp are available from ejtechgroup.com by quoting this number 742045 3.7 v 630mah. this battery fits both the control and the coil. The normal cost is as follows $30 US shipping $10. each battery plus $3.0 paypal fee. TOTAL of $53.00.US

A word of advice guys, it's up to you but I would strongly advise leave battery replacement to the approved service centre.

I have had a deus awhile and taken it apart and doing it is easy. Just curious why do you say that Gary? If out of warranty I would not be scared to try it?

Hi Gary; under normal circumstances I would agree with you, I would emphasise that this is just not popping in a battery the process in the case of the coil for instance is just not a five minute job it requires the utmost care and attention and if you are unsure how it is done then as advised take it to a service centre, I would assume that an Electrician would be able to follow the Battery Kit Video which is posted on the UK Site.

To supply 2 of these batteries here in Australia is over the $100.00 mark from the distributor and he does NOT fit them.

So you're saying its best to send the detector in every time the battery runs down. So do you not hunt during that time or do you buy at least 2 so you're never without a detector. Just the problems getting batteries replaced would discourage people from buying this detector,

I feel the Deus is very reliable and virtually problem free compared to many other detectors out there that need to be shipped back to fix problems that shouldn't be there at all and that is time consuming.

There is no perfect detector so each person needs to decide for themselves.

So far the service center is top notch for me.

My first Deus was the WS 5 and the headphones would not pair, called them up, got a return label and the whole machine was replaced.

Moe said his batteries are still good and are original from day one, he says the key is charge them but don't overcharge them.

It would be great if they were easy to change but then it wouldn't be waterproof or resistant, JMHO

Love the Deus forum, keep it coming, thanks

I am not saying send the machine in to get new batteries fitted/ what I am saying is that if you watch the video of how to replace the batteries and take extra care with what you are doing the replacement process is not Rocket Science,I am also advised that these batteries last a very long time, as yet I have not had a problem I am looking ahead at what is involved, I can replace them for $53.00 that is one for the coil and one for the Control plus shipping and paypal fee, I think that's a great deal, at age 86 I JUST LOVE MY DEUS.

Replacing the batteries in the controller is relatively easy as is the coil albeit that is slightly harder due to the fact that the battery compartment needs sealing with the special sealant,of course basic safety needs and common sense to be taken into account so that damage to the internals ie mother board and other components dont get damaged by brute force.

Coil and controller as mentioned above are straight forward replacements,cannot comment as yet on what is involved with the headphones but once again i would think that is relatively as well.

No different than replacing the battery in say a Minelab CTX 3030 WM 10 as can be seen on YouTube,or should that have been replaced by a approved service center as well,with the current 5 years warranty that comes with a Deus then most folks in the US dont really need to worry.

By the time most Deus detector coils need a new battery I bet a higher capacity one will be available.

Replacing the coil battery looks fairly easy for someone used to doing hobby work and using small tools.
Plunging the new battery in the wrong way (reversed polarity) might cause some damage so extra care should be taken there.

If the repair facility warranty's the battery replacement then for the few extra dollars it might be well worth sending it to them.

To me for about 10 bucks more I will have the service center do it and if by chance anything goes wrong or the coil is not sealed right I am covered.......

That saying I am still going strong on batteries and it been a couple (three?) years now, originally was told to expect at least 5 years, properly taken care of.......
Jim