Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP Deus chatter

blazer35

I sent the xp back for a refund, it started to chatter so bad, and it wasn't due to EMI or electric fence or anything else, I deleted all my programs and it still chattered so bad with the factory programs, I gave up, after reading on the internet from other people about this, they all had different explanations but the one that got me was EX deus email from XP , is it's the x35 coil and maybe an update would fix it, Im done. so I still have my Equinox 800 to go happily on my way. So long guys

Sorry to hear you got a lemon, but in all manufacturing it happens.
Most replace it with a good unit, but some don't.
Good luck with your Nox…
Just leaves more for me...

The Deus is a great machine but its one big downfall being all wireless is EMI either from a power source or other detectors which can be very bad not sure that's a problem your having but I know it came be very annoying in places I hunt..
I have a Nox to and use both..

XP Deus is not as susceptible to EMI as is the Nox. Start up you have to hold the coil three feet off the ground for about 15 seconds to noise cancel. Improper ground balance can cause chatter. Silencer can be used to help correct it. You can change or shift frequency. Many ways to correct chatter including lowering sensitivity and running Discrimination up a few numbers. Lucky there are all these to help, or as I say "The controls are there to be used." . I run mine about ten feet away from power lines, internet cable, telephone lines.

Sorry to hear you gave up, your service center would have fixed your problems in no time at all.
XP detectors have a 5 year warranty, it is always best to contact your reseller before XP.
If your reseller does not help, we want to hear about it.

It is always best to send a short video showing the exact fault, we can then diagnose the problem quickly, and move you on to the right department.
On many occasions it is user error, this is where contacting your reseller helps solve simple issues.

Stomping your feet and not giving a chance for the problem to be solved is a poor choice. Owning multiple new detectors isn't a good idea either. Buy one focus in and learn it.

I think some people get sticker shock, and just want to get there money back. I have had mine for about 41/2 years and hunted in a lot of EMI, but still did very good. A week or two is just not enough time for any detector. I love mine.

Had mine for about six weeks and loving it more by the day. Lightweight is such a joy to swing. I read another detector with the large 15" coil they had to put a counter balance weight on it 28 ounces. That's like hanging a Deus on it . LOL The price of carpel tunnel surgery ain't cheap or fun.

blazer35 -

Disappointed to hear you had a bad experience. Best of luck with your 800. :thumbup:

Rich -

blazer35 said:
I sent the xp back for a refund, it started to chatter so bad, and it wasn't due to EMI or electric fence or anything else, I deleted all my programs and it still chattered so bad with the factory programs, I gave up, after reading on the internet from other people about this, they all had different explanations but the one that got me was EX deus email from XP , is it's the x35 coil and maybe an update would fix it, Im done. so I still have my Equinox 800 to go happily on my way. So long guys

The 11 x13 x35 coil is hyper sensitive and sparky. I switched over to the 11 inch x35 and everything calmed down. My hunting partner had the exact symptoms and issues as we were together. He swapped coils with the same calming results. The 11x13 seems to be fine though over smooth ground with no vegetation.

Most of the time I run my TX gain at 1 with the X35 coils here in the UK.

Mkus, I have both the CTX and the deus so wasnt that interested in the EQ right now. The CTX being an FBS machine is much better in EMI areas though I still use the Deus much more overall.. I know the EQ is wireless too and you can use either combined multi kfz or single multi kfz. Does this make the EQ a little more chatty in these areas also if you choose single kfz? thanks

I have never had EMI problems with a Deus or my ORX but I have definitely had cross-talk issues when I'm around FBS and Nox Multi IQ detectors. Also, when I'm on group hunts and I'm using my Nox, I stay away from my Deus buddies so they will still be my buddies..........then I come in behind them and find the really deep stuff with my 800.

Jeff

jmaclen said:
I have never had EMI problems with a Deus or my ORX but I have definitely had cross-talk issues when I'm around FBS and Nox Multi IQ detectors. Also, when I'm on group hunts and I'm using my Nox, I stay away from my Deus buddies so they will still be my buddies..........then I come in behind them and find the really deep stuff with my 800.

Jeff
Yep same here lol..

LTimedigger said:
Mkus, I have both the CTX and the deus so wasnt that interested in the EQ right now. The CTX being an FBS machine is much better in EMI areas though I still use the Deus much more overall.. I know the EQ is wireless too and you can use either combined multi kfz or single multi kfz. Does this make the EQ a little more chatty in these areas also if you choose single kfz? thanks
I've rarely had a problem in multi with the nox I almost never hunt in single frequency if it does get a little noisy I noise cancel but if I'm hunting with a friend and hes using his deus he usually has a lot of noise until he changes frequencies..

blazer35 said:

Your loss you are trading in for a worse machine eitb even more defects.

Well you guys convinced me I was wrong, so I ordered another one with the 9in coil maybe I'll have better luck this time

The Deus when properly set up and with the right coil for the hunting conditions is still hard to beat with any machine and I think even beats out some PI machines :)
Yes it loves EMI like dog fences and power lines even WiFi and cell phones! BUT it's still one of the best and with the newer xX35 coils it's even better, the old LF coils where worse with EMI I thought :)

Blazer
Glad you are giving it another go...
Which 9" coil?? LF, HF or X35 ??