Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP Deus for civil war sites that have been hunted a lot instead of the Nox 800

pulltabfelix

Last year I switched to 100% civil war hunting in the Atlanta areas. Lots of careful and detailed research produce four proven sites and permissions. 2 are on private property with permissions and 2 area on city pars along Peachtree creek which are well known to civil war relic hunters from the 60's, 70's and 80's. So they are considered to be well hunted.

I have had my Nox 800 since March 2018 and consider myself proficient and very comfortable with the 800.

I have been giving a suggestion to try the XP Deus with the HF Elliptical coil to hunt these sites since most of the older BFO detectors using low frequencies have found what they can find and the XP Deus with the HF coil can bring other abilities to the table. I notice quite a few civil war relic hunters use the XP Deus a lot.

So far with the Nox 800 I have only found a flat button and carved 3 ringer. This is hunting the past 12 months about 4-5 hours per week. I feel like I should be doing a little better than I am doing in finding Civil War relics.

Exactly what does the XP Deus bring to this type of hunting that the Nox 800 cannot? Please be as detailed as possible with your advice.

There's places in Atlanta that I'd love to return to and hunt, but it would most likely be a one way trip, with No Return, with a brief mention of the long list of murdered victims on the 6:00 news.

Your best results in well hunted CW sites is a detector that offers you an "All Metal" mode that can perform with Tone ID. My go to's are Minelab & White's units that have great all metal setups. My XP shines in the busy sites where Disc mode is more suitable. Advantages with all metal detectors is depth, all metal mode is deeper than discriminate mode by nature, and most of them can be equipped with concentric Mono coils that have well proven to punch deeper in the soil than DD coils in most ground conditions. I've been experimenting with the ORX's gold all metal mode, it performs well and might come into play a bit more.

Last year I switched to 100% civil war hunting in the Atlanta areas. Lots of careful and detailed research produce four proven sites and permissions. 2 are on private property with permissions and 2 area on city pars along Peachtree creek which are well known to civil war relic hunters from the 60's, 70's and 80's. So they are considered to be well hunted.

I have had my Nox 800 since March 2018 and consider myself proficient and very comfortable with the 800.

I have been giving a suggestion to try the XP Deus with the HF Elliptical coil to hunt these sites since most of the older BFO detectors using low frequencies have found what they can find and the XP Deus with the HF coil can bring other abilities to the table. I notice quite a few civil war relic hunters use the XP Deus a lot.

So far with the Nox 800 I have only found a flat button and carved 3 ringer. This is hunting the past 12 months about 4-5 hours per week. I feel like I should be doing a little better than I am doing in finding Civil War relics.

Exactly what does the XP Deus bring to this type of hunting that the Nox 800 cannot? Please be as detailed as possible with your advice.
Well i have an iron infested spot and what it will bring is finds that nothing else can see use the 28 to 50KHZ in deep , two tone , you will be shocked at what comes out of the grand

I also had a equinox 600 Wich i would rat as a very good machine, but an 11" coil in iron ? and the small one -not as deep the 9" coil on the Deus is just perfect for seperation and depth. and the single frequency is better sounding than when you use one frequncey on the Equnox, I just did a test on a nickle and dimes i found the sharpest deepest response was using 28Khz in the deep program, it lit up the nickle good and the dimes

BFO detectors? you talking the 70's. these BFO detector were lucky to hit on 5"
It was the Fisher CZ series detectors and the Minelab Explorer FBS unit in the 90's that cleaned civil war sites out.

A friend of mine has the XP D down here in LA. He does very very well with it in CW areas that have been pounded for years. He says that it is great at finding "good" targets in areas that are littered with iron. Hope this helps.

CCH

I use calabash diggers pitch program it’s a killer In the iron my Nox can’t compete in the iron like the Deus can in pitch