Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP Deus For Water Hunting Black Plug

slider66

Good evening

I just received the DEUS II and I am setting it up to hunt water not scuba. I have a quick question. I normally use the Excalibur II but now I have the DEUS, Can you tell me if I have to change out the black plug to the red plug to waterproof it or since it is good to 3 feet can I just leave the black plug in? Appreciate the response. Best regards.

Not sure on which one is used only when diving but ones for diving..
Mark

Not sure on which one is used only when diving but ones for diving..
Mark
Thanks for the response. I realize now that the red plug is only for diving. The black is for 3 feet or less when submerging. I normally hunt with the Excalibur II but was concerned about the 1 meter depth with the black plug and possible flooding. I guess the black plug will be okay. I just didn't want to have it flood on me the first time out using it underwater.

Thanks for the response. I realize now that the red plug is only for diving. The black is for 3 feet or less when submerging. I normally hunt with the Excalibur II but was concerned about the 1 meter depth with the black plug and possible flooding. I guess the black plug will be okay. I just didn't want to have it flood on me the first time out using it underwater.
Watch Calabash digger on YouTube he has some videos probably some of the first here in the states diving with the Deus 2
Mark

I would be on the safe side and change the plug. It only takes a few seconds unless you have a lot of money to replace the remote if by chance it does get water in it. warranty does not cover damage due to misuse.

The red is for diving only. Something about pressure build up in the head. The black is good for when the control head is not submerged but can get wet. That's the way I read it.