Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP Deus headphone adapter

Mountain Mike

I recently bought a XP Deus. But I could not afford to get the wireless headphones. The wired headphones that came with it are a joke. So I wanted to use my Gray Ghost headphones. The problem is the XP has a 1/8 jack and most good headphones have a 1/4 plug. Anyway I found this adapter on fleabay for $3.95 and free shipping. It has the 90 degree plug and solved my problem so I thought I would share in case someone else was looking for an alternative. It is a hosa MHE 100.5 model. I will probably wear the remote on my arm or belt so I may never buy the wireless headphones but time will tell.

The headphones that come with the Deus are not a joke, they are designed to allow the full tonal range to come through.
Converted ear defenders do not allow the precise Deus sound to be heard.
It's a common mistake new people to XP make.

I found one of the worst sets of headphones I ran off of the main controller were the Grey Ghost Ultimates. Same when plugged into the WS4 control puck with the adapter. It seemed to me that neither had enough output to drive the high ohm speakers in the Grey Ghosts to get the same tones the XP wired headphones produce.

The $20 headphones that came with it has a cord that hangs down to my knees. It fell into the teeth of my lesche twice and had I not been paying attention I would have cut that tiny cord. Every time I moved they wrapped around or got caught on something.