Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP Deus II could use some simple fixes for diving. Please read XP techs.

Vince R

The mounting bracket for the unit does not hold well while hunting underwater, mine keeps coming off. Please design a better mount or lock system to prevent this.
Once the unit comes off its bracket it is very hard to put back on due to the antenae wire, BH-01 wire and head phone jack inpinging on the mount slide area. If the head phone jack was further away or on the side of the unit the problem would be improved.
The Deus II BH-01 head phones have way too much cord for diving, creating a tangle hazard or requiring wrapping around the shaft, easily fixed if XP would shorten the length of the cord.
The wired antenae cord between the coil and unit is also too long, requiring wrapping multiple loops. For diving a hastle and unsightly. I saw a clever video where the wire was threaded up the shaft and a hole drilled to feed the wire out at the plastic mounting bracket. Very clean look, easily done. Why not make a diving bracket pre-drilled and shorten the wire.
A better explaination on the dive set up/manufactures step by step video would have saved me hours of U-tube searching.
Can the unit be charged with the red plug in or must it be changed to the grey plug for charging? Cannot find a recommendation in the manual.

Last edited:
Just found the fix for the contol box detaching form the shaft at detectingdoodads.com ...(Better locking mechanism!)
I used the locking mechanism from detecting doodads and so far I like it really well. I use it on all of my shafts now. The wire going up to the center of the shaft I do that also that's very nice.

Did you drill the doodad's mechanism to pass the wire or just exit on the shaft near the control unit?
Aloha,
Vince

Why do we have to buy extra parts or drill this thing or that thing? For $1500 they can't make a mount that works? Or coil charging clamps that don't take super-human strength? Or control unit charge port that people older than 40 can see? Or feet that allow the thing to stand up? Or use something rather than 20 yr old cords for headphone charging/updating? Or a coil charge that lasts at least a day's detecting? Or an arm strap that doesn't come apart on the first hunt? Or a proper manual? Baffling how good the machine works verses how bad the hardware is. Sorry to rant.

It’s ok rant all you want . I’m happy with my dues 11 so I don’t need to rant . So we cancel each other out and we are both happy.😂 let the detecting begin lol

Why do we have to buy extra parts or drill this thing or that thing? For $1500 they can't make a mount that works? Or coil charging clamps that don't take super-human strength? Or control unit charge port that people older than 40 can see? Or feet that allow the thing to stand up? Or use something rather than 20 yr old cords for headphone charging/updating? Or a coil charge that lasts at least a day's detecting? Or an arm strap that doesn't come apart on the first hunt? Or a proper manual? Baffling how good the machine works verses how bad the hardware is. Sorry to rant.
No reason why both things can't be true.

On one hand the Deus 2 is incredibly sophisticated and capable, and I can't imagine any other as my go-to land detector. On the other hand, I share the frustrations you listed above as they are irritations that decrease overall user satisfaction and XP would be wise to listen. The voice of the customer is critical.

Regarding your point about the user manual... I get so frustrated with these user manuals written by engineers or tech writers as technical documentation instead of guidance for the consumer. I would expect a significant learning curve on a complex product, but XP could help more by creating a guide that is focused on the end user.

Yeah, #1- it appears as if the manual was written by their engineers- #2- and they assumed everyone that buys the Deus 2 started off with the Deus 1 ! No flow chart for keypad/menu usage- and no glossary for the unfamiliar terminology they use ? And I thought the manual for my Minelab Explorer 2 was bad in its day! Lol !!