Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP Deus II is the Real Deal

coinworld

Diggers-

I usually do not dig on Sundays but since my digging buddy could not dig yesterday we dug today. It was cold today for early April but we both managed to snag a few bullets and flat buttons. I sure love this new Deus II I am certain the tones are much more clear than the original Deus. I ended up 6 bullets; 1 drop .44, 1 fired flattened .69 and 5 flattened .58s. Interesting enough all the flattened bullets were in the same hole-Just a whisper and numbers were from 70-85.

The real surprise was the Gold gilt Infantry cuff button at 6 inches plus that locked solid 65. She really cleaned up nice with 90% gilt-the prettiest Yankee button I have in my collection. The back still shows the cotton thread this Officer used back during the day. Work almost 100 hours on the machine two observations;

a) the tones are more clear and sharp to my ears than the original Deus IMHO

b) the separation I believe is better than the original Deus as well. I am still learning this Deus II and I am only using General Program but I do love the results thus far! Happy digging!

Attachments

• 83F5738E-A314-4CEA-BF7D-EECD34F70E30.jpeg
    83F5738E-A314-4CEA-BF7D-EECD34F70E30.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 85
  • A773EDDA-5B13-45DD-9EAF-040C03961562.jpeg
    A773EDDA-5B13-45DD-9EAF-040C03961562.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 82
  • 01D7FBD0-0B91-4DE1-A39F-F787E8042572.jpeg
    01D7FBD0-0B91-4DE1-A39F-F787E8042572.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 86
  • 21A088EA-E52C-4B30-8B55-B7FBD229BDD6.jpeg
    21A088EA-E52C-4B30-8B55-B7FBD229BDD6.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 87
  • 93CD4C5D-8005-4430-B9DD-DE3C0E976141.jpeg
    93CD4C5D-8005-4430-B9DD-DE3C0E976141.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 95
Awesome finds! Keep it going . I haven’t had a chance to take my deus 2 out for a spin yet. But I like it even thou it’s just sitting in the box waiting … lol

Nice finds I found a KG with mine this weekend then the coil battery died lol. I still seem to hear a lot of iron noise with mine and tones are not to clear I've tried all the programs one the volume is super low also in that program?
Mark

I concur.

Granted, I only have about 3 hours on it (9" coil) right now, but I am very, very impressed.

I have had an AT Pro, CTX, Nox 800, Anfibio, F75, and a Deus HF 9", and this thing already is showing way more potential than any of those.

Nice button!

I concur.

Granted, I only have about 3 hours on it (9" coil) right now, but I am very, very impressed.

I have had an AT Pro, CTX, Nox 800, Anfibio, F75, and a Deus HF 9", and this thing already is showing way more potential than any of those.
What specially are you impressed with and what’s the potential that you see?

I personally still gravitate to my Nox it just sounds better clearer to me IDK maybe it’s the soil but I can’t wait to try to the Deus in the water …
Mark

What specially are you impressed with and what’s the potential that you see?
I was an original Deus user (2 years) before I sold it and bought this new and far more improved Deus II.

Four Reasons for the purchase with approximately 100 hours on it since receding my new machine mid-February
1) Ergonomics - Unit under 2 pounds; I’m a hard core digger and still work full time so my digging is on weekends; I like the light weight machine- no arm fatigue as was the case with my then Nox 800 which compared to the Deus is like swinging a telephone pole.
2) The entire detector is water proof to 66 feet; do I scuba dive? No but if it rains no biggie The entire unit is waterproof
3) Multi-frequency functionality: the only thing I missed with the Nox 800 was the multi-frequency option; you never had to second guess whether you were missing layers as the detector was constantly scanning-Deus included this option with the Deus II so you never have to worry about which frequency to be on
4) battery life is about 3 times better than the standard Deus. After using the Deus Ii for 8 hours I still have 3/4 battery power left.
5) Bonus; the target separation is better than the original Deus. I picked out a Regimental hat letter “B” in a heavily contaminated iron patch from a colonial house site that took me over 20 minutes to isolate the target-I am certain no other machine would have located this target as machine gun iron was everywhere and I almost gave up on the target but kept getting a high tone that was one way that I dug and glad I did. Happy Digging!
7068CFCC-2D56-49DC-9E2D-C1E6157DA309.jpeg

Attachments

• 2CDD638B-0171-4A76-ACD3-1D834A5F279C.jpeg
    2CDD638B-0171-4A76-ACD3-1D834A5F279C.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 76
I was an original Deus user (2 years) before I sold it and bought this new and far more improved Deus II.

Four Reasons for the purchase with approximately 100 hours on it since receding my new machine mid-February
1) Ergonomics - Unit under 2 pounds; I’m a hard core digger and still work full time so my digging is on weekends; I like the light weight machine- no arm fatigue as was the case with my then Nox 800 which compared to the Deus is like swinging a telephone pole.
2) The entire detector is water proof to 66 feet; do I scuba dive? No but if it rains no biggie The entire unit is waterproof
3) Multi-frequency functionality: the only thing I missed with the Nox 800 was the multi-frequency option; you never had to second guess whether you were missing layers as the detector was constantly scanning-Deus included this option with the Deus II so you never have to worry about which frequency to be on
4) battery life is about 3 times better than the standard Deus. After using the Deus Ii for 8 hours I still have 3/4 battery power left.
5) Bonus; the target separation is better than the original Deus. I picked out a Regimental hat letter “B” in a heavily contaminated iron patch from a colonial house site that took me over 20 minutes to isolate the target-I am certain no other machine would have located this target as machine gun iron was everywhere and I almost gave up on the target but kept getting a high tone that was one way that I dug and glad I did. Happy Digging!View attachment 24866
Thank you for your detailed explanation. I wish the best in the field and congratulations on the Regimental hat letter!

5) Bonus; the target separation is better than the original Deus. I picked out a Regimental hat letter “B” in a heavily contaminated iron patch from a colonial house site that took me over 20 minutes to isolate the target-I am certain no other machine would have located this target as machine gun iron was everywhere and I almost gave up on the target but kept getting a high tone that was one way that I dug and glad I did. Happy Digging!View attachment 24866
Coinworld---Thanks very much for your excellent well written/explanation & pics.---Very much appreciated.-------Would also like to hear from ynnek4 as to why he considers the Dues 2 as having "way more potential" than his other detectors.----We're all just trying to learn as much about this new detector as possible.-----------Del

Coinworld---Thanks very much for your excellent well written/explanation & pics.---Very much appreciated.-------Would also like to hear from ynnek4 as to why he considers the Dues 2 as having "way more potential" than his other detectors.----We're all just trying to learn as much about this new detector as possible.-----------Del
Yep the Deus II is the real deal, I forgot I also dug an 1866 3 cent nickel from this site heavy iron laden that was about 4-6 inches down that was a whisper but the Deus II sniffed it out. Good luck everyone if you decide to get the Deus II you will not be disappointed. Also an 1838 seated Dime I dug beginning of the month in PA in heavy iron and aluminum ; the Deus II sniffed it out.
DDF817A9-C334-45C3-A5DC-5D95B40DCA9A.jpeg

Attachments

• B85CD8E1-7CAB-440B-B3C0-C73C8581277F.jpeg
    B85CD8E1-7CAB-440B-B3C0-C73C8581277F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 84
  • 78E9F1F0-248D-4310-A2BF-C63489BB5E06.jpeg
    78E9F1F0-248D-4310-A2BF-C63489BB5E06.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 83
  • 54207718-CD97-4099-B457-3D95B81D573C.jpeg
    54207718-CD97-4099-B457-3D95B81D573C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 73
Specifically: Overall Depth, ID @ depth (a major improvement over the Deus 1), separation, and even pinpointing.
Potential: Depth (w/ID) that rivals the CTX without the slowness and clunkiness.
Yes sir. I forgot the depth I have determined is between 4-6 inches better I feel from my original Deus