Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP Deus II saltwater underwater gold chains

Hello,

I am researching the XP Deus II for use in wading in saltwater. Has anyone gotten the unit wet or submerged it? What are its abilities to find gold chains? Some detectors do not pick up chains either underwater, wet sand, or dry sand.

Thanks,

Surfline

Hello,

I am researching the XP Deus II for use in wading in saltwater. Has anyone gotten the unit wet or submerged it? What are its abilities to find gold chains? Some detectors do not pick up chains either underwater, wet sand, or dry sand.

Thanks,

Surfline
Hi it will pick up gold chains large and small and plenty of videos of it underwater calabash digger on youtube another good one is LRJ worldwide on youtube he dives with the Deus2
Mark

Hello,

Thanks,

Surfline
I used the deus2 all summer last year in the salt water. Yes, it will hit gold chains and bracelets, no problem. Also extremely good on silver chains. I'm using the 9" coil.

I used the deus2 all summer last year in the salt water. Yes, it will hit gold chains and bracelets, no problem. Also extremely good on silver chains. I'm using the 9" coil.
Thank you RichW! I’m looking for my next underwater/surf detector and so far I’m hearing great things about the Deus II.

Hi it will pick up gold chains large and small and plenty of videos of it underwater calabash digger on youtube another good one is LRJ worldwide on youtube he dives with the Deus2
Mark
Thank you Mark! I appreciate the YouTube recommendations, will check them out.

I have used the Deus 2 fully submerged for hours at a time in the ocean. One thing to watch is the antenna wire, mine came unclipped and I kinda wasted half the day in deep water with no signals. I did not find out till i exited the water. I guess a check is to see if it triggers on the sand scoop to verify off and on if it's still clipped. One other thing I noticed is on the bone conductive headphones or maybe any plug in headphones is to keep pushing lightly on the plug as you screw it down. Just initially screwing it down the plug is not fully seated. Outside of these little items its an awesome detector.