Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP DEUS II VS EQUINOX ON A NAIL TEST...

😴😴😴😴awesome.......now bury the nails and coin 5" under the soil in exactly the same orientation and leave them there for a good number of years.....simulating real world conditions.......and try it again.

😴😴😴😴awesome.......now bury the nails and coin 5" under the soil in exactly the same orientation and leave them there for a good number of years.....simulating real world conditions.......and try it again.
By then the Equinox and Deus II will be old news.

By then the Equinox and Deus II will be old news.
Lol.....thats true but one thing will always remain fundementally the same......nail board tests are rubbish.I've done this testing to death with quite a number of detectors and buried objects and objects on a nailboard give totally different results.I hear the same argument all the time....."it proves which detector is faster in amongst the iron".This is a totally true statement if the objects you are searching for are on top of the ground but buried objects amongst iron are a real playing field leveller.I've had machines that will replicate what the deus 2 is doing in that video but wouldn't touch a small coin if buried in soil between two nails in that same orientation.I have also tested detectors that under perform on nail board tests but somehow provide a diggable signal on buried objects under true "in soil" conditions.
If you want true results use true to life conditions,not nailboard tests or seeing how a machine performs on top of the soil.......complete waste of time.

Lol.....thats true but one thing will always remain fundementally the same......nail board tests are rubbish.I've done this testing to death with quite a number of detectors and buried objects and objects on a nailboard give totally different results.I hear the same argument all the time....."it proves which detector is faster in amongst the iron".This is a totally true statement if the objects you are searching for are on top of the ground but buried objects amongst iron are a real playing field leveller.I've had machines that will replicate what the deus 2 is doing in that video but wouldn't touch a small coin if buried in soil between two nails in that same orientation.I have also tested detectors that under perform on nail board tests but somehow provide a diggable signal on buried objects under true "in soil" conditions.
If you want true results use true to life conditions,not nailboard tests or seeing how a machine performs on top of the soil.......complete waste of time.
I'm not that fond of air tests either. I find them interesting to look at. Still, part of me is itching to get my hands on a Deus II. I've never had anything by XP. I'd like to try it out where I play. It is literally a bed of nails in some areas and oftentimes a mix of dense debris including rusty bottle caps and rusty nails. The price of it is such a deterrent right now. The Equinox has been so good to me that I think I'll just wait for the next iteration of the Nox to come out.

Last edited:
Please do tell EXACTLY how long it needs to be buried to meet up to your standards....Please do tell what machine you got that can replicate the gold coin test....

One more thing ...What are real world conditions? Fields get plowed every year and things moved around ... There are a lot of variables that come into play...Those test are just for a general idea. Dont like what you see dont watch it. Doubt how good the machine is dont buy it.... Seems like you already got some that can out do it...:ROFLMAO:

Not at all.....i think the deus is an absolutely awesome machine as was the goldmax power that i had many awesome finds with.XP machines are some of the top machines over here for finding tiny ancient coins in amongst the most iron contaminated fields so i know they have an amazing pedigree.
I've never used the deus 2 but i have experience with comparing the deus 1 with the goldmax power and on real world targets that both machines were tested on......that is real targets that were located with the machines.......on no occasion did the deus locate a target the old goldmax power could not.I would love to do this same test with the deus and deus 2......two detectorists walking over a field and comparing each found target with both machines.This would also be a good test to do with the deus and the minelab to give people a better idea of the performance of the machines on real targets.

At first impression I notice the build quality of the Deus appears to be of high quality. Deus has never had a reputation of ears breaking off? Or anything undesirable in a high-end detector?
Calabash digger thank you for the video!

Leatherneck,

At first impression I notice the build quality of the Deus appears to be of high quality. Deus has never had a reputation of ears breaking off? Or anything undesirable in a high-end detector?
Calabash digger thank you for the video!

Leatherneck,

OKLol.....thats true but one thing will always remain fundementally the same......nail board tests are rubbish.I've done this testing to death with quite a number of detectors and buried objects and objects on a nailboard give totally different results.I hear the same argument all the time....."it proves which detector is faster in amongst the iron".This is a totally true statement if the objects you are searching for are on top of the ground but buried objects amongst iron are a real playing field leveller.I've had machines that will replicate what the deus 2 is doing in that video but wouldn't touch a small coin if buried in soil between two nails in that same orientation.I have also tested detectors that under perform on nail board tests but somehow provide a diggable signal on buried objects under true "in soil" conditions.

That is a beautiful machine thanks so much for your efforts. Calabash you are a no BS MAN and thank you. Looks like a really well made detector
The audio response is top notch. Very easy on the ears. The less fatiguing the more enjoyable the hunt. Please keep the reviews coming.

Happy holidays
Bob