Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP Deus in Culpepper?

Not well

The answer is yes and know. I've watched some experience guys use in where the normal GPX machines struggle in heavy iron and do pretty good, but not getting very much depth. I'll be dragging mine with me at the next DIV just in case.

I think you meant No Dough.

As dough says, the Deus can be used in Culpeper under certain conditions, but no VLF machine should be your primary choice in Culpeper. Because the area has been pounded by detectorists for years, most "surface" finds are deep and the very highly mineralized soil limits vlf depth. PI machines such as the TDI, GPX, and ATX are the go to machines because they are affected less by mineralization and can punch deeper. However, they are basically dig it all machines that don't use discrimination. Some, like the GPX, have a fairly reliable iron blanking circuit as a telltale for likely ferrous targets. The problem is that circuit makes them pretty much useless in thick iron situations. In that case, the Deus, though not deep, separates well and penetrates just enough into the mineraluzed soil to perhaps eek out some of the shallower keepers hiding amongst the iron. The Deus also works well in the wooded areas where mineraluzation levels are lower than in the heavily plowed fields. Deus also makes a great discriminating "pinpointer on steroids" to cherry pick non-ferrous keepers out of the dirt piles removed from trash pits and huts uncovered in fields that contained long-term CW field encampments.