Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP Deus Problem :help:

Mtcooley

I have an XP Deus with an 11" coil that I bought from a dealer used. It only had a couple of hours on it and the plastics was still on the headphones and control face. I am experiencing a problem with this machine. When I run Deus Fast or turn my reactivity over 2 it beginnings to what I would say as purr every once in a while. Then the non-ferrous side of the horseshoe pegs out and I get no audio response. I have tried updating it, running different headphones, different locations and still the same thing. I am thinking that the coil my be the problem. It does it if I run just headphones or just control box. Anyone experience this or have any advice? Man, does this sucks:help:! Thanks for any help you can provide.

Here we go again! Is this a new condition? Meaning, did you ever have a machine that was functioning properly? Can you make a video of the problem? Do you have a nearby friend with a Deus or a dealer so you can swap out components to troubleshoot? Troubleshoot until you give up--this includes reloading the software and making sure you're familiar with the start-up procedure (there's plenty of discussion about this on this site). This link may help you to decide what and what not to do: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,2135887,page=1

If you get no relief, then contact XP and see if they have any solutions for you. Finally, if they tell you to send your machine in, be sure to send everything: the coil (not the shaft), the remote and headphones so they can properly troubleshoot the problem. If there's a problem, they'll find it. FYI XP will upgrade their return shipping at your expense; all you have to do is ask. Good luck!

EDIT: Some things to ask yourself:

Ensure there's nothing between the coil and the coil cover.
Are you using the provided nylon screw/nut to attach your coil to the shaft?
Do you have any aftermarket items attached to the coil or shaft or arm cuff?
Are your shoes the cause of the problem...any metallic materials involved in the construction, i.e. steel-toed boots? Metal socks, metal pins in your legs from surgery? :)
Do you have hearing aides that may affect the Deus signal?
Any metallic items associated with the gloves you use?
Do you use a huge belt buckle?
How about your belt with gear...anything on, or in there that may cause interference?
Do you carry a longer shovel to dig with like some hunters? Keep it clear and definitely discard it when you're turning on the machine.
Are you using version 3.2?
Try going to a large field or to the woods where there's likely no EMI.
Leave all cell phones, pagers, radios, video cameras, other detectors, etc. behind and turn off any pinpointers you may be using.
Do you turn the machine on with the coil in the air at least waist high away from cars, powerlines and any other metal?
After you turn the remote on, do you wait for the light to stop blinking before you answer yes or no to audio? (This is what I do).
After your audio selection, do you keep the coil in the air and then turn on your headphones and wait to hear audio in the headphones before putting the coil on the ground? (This is what I do).
Next is when I select my program--have you tried selecting a purely stock program with no modifications, i.e. Basic 1? Does that produce the erratic behavior? If so, the sensitivity is quite high in Basic 1 (90); try reducing to 80 and see if that helps.