Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP DEUS purchase advice

Foiled

So I've been reading about the DEUS and I'm a little confused on packages, what do I need and want? What is the least expensive package, the one that shows the little round readout as opposed to the rectangle controller? What does one do that the other doesn't? Which headphones are best and can I use regular corded phones, is there a plug for them? Coil size, best all arounder, 9" or 11"? Any kind of suggestions would be great. Thanks

rectangle controller would be the 1 i would want if the extra $ aint an issue :detecting:
& the coil 9 or 11 your choice both work great..
& there is a place to plug regular headphones (small jack)

Yes if you want to keep the price down as much as possible, get the package with the 9 or 11" coil and the full remote control, you will get a pair of wired headphones that plug into the remote. You really should have the remote. The WS4 module can be bought at a later date for alot less than the remote. You can also wear the remote anywhere on you to help keep you free from the detector body if you like.

You can also use any earbuds you want, it uses the small 1/8" plug.

I would get the controller because you can do many more things with the controller than with the round puck. You cannot change some of the settings on the puck, you cannot pinpoint without the controller. I, myself, like the WS4 headphones because they're light and I can wear a full brim hat with them. As for coils, I would get the 11" coil for a bit more coverage over the 9". The reason for this, is, Xp is coming out with a 6"X9" coil. So, having a 9" round coil and the 6"X9' coil, if you were to get one, I think is unnecessary, IF you want to have both size coils, 11" and 9". If only one coil is wanted, I might wait, if you can, until the new coil and software is released. You can use any headphones you may like, but you need to use an adaptor to reduce the plug size to 1/8" from 1/4". Also, you cannot plug any headphones into the puck, you need the controller to use corded headphones. Hope this helps.

Yes ... it is confusing trying to figure out what you need to order.

The large remote control ($800) will allow you to modify, create, and save new programs.
With just the WS4 controller will allow you to adjust some of the program settings but not all of them.
However, the pre-loaded programs are really good and for the first year or so should be all you will need.
Either controller can be used with normal headphones or earbuds having the small plug on them however it will not control the volume.
The back phones are good and lightweight and the WS4 can control the volume of them.
There are also aftermarket headphones available that the WS4 will attach to and they work great.

The 11" coil is very sensitive to small objects and for land or beach hunting (dry sand) it would be my choice.

For water hunting you need to use the antenna kit as the siginal will not work with the coil under 1" of water.
That means a wire from the coil to the controller (either one) and that totally defeats the advantages of buying a wireless detector.
I would recommend some other detector for water hunting as the XP Deus is not designed for that.

If possible visit a dealer if not call one and let him help you understand the options.

Hope this helps you decide on what you want to get.

Thanks for all the information! I was getting the waterproof kit mainly for a camping trip and want to only bring one detector because there is going to be a lot of hiking involved and wanted to check a couple lakes, streams and swimming holes, the Deus seems like the lightest choice that will do both, wet or dry. I got the deus with 11" coil , remote with waterproof kit, no remote headphones, maybe down the line I will but for now it seems just another thing to charge, I can see where they would be great but I'm lucky I could get the detector for right now because I just bought an MX Sport but it's too heavy for hiking. I got a great deal from Bart @ BigBoy. Thanks again.

My buddy just got the ws 5 for 1250 and I bought mine awhile back for 1265.00 shippede you can get a deal if you call around the remote is a must.imo