Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

xp deus trouble shooting

has anyone experienced this. I recently upgraded my deus to v 4.1. I also programed in Gary's ultimate program and sifter program. After a few hunts, I noticed that when I switched back and forth between the hot program and the others, there would be a 30 second delay. The screen would change, but would freeze, and no sound. Also when I turn off the deus, the sound would go off for 30 seconds in my ws4's. Any thoughts, reinstall v4.1?

I never had issues switching between programs with delays or problems. The only delays I experienced were changing out and switching to a different coil or some delay using the MI6.

Try V5.1, I had all sorts of connectivity issues on 4.1 & 5.0, though seems that everything is running just fine now with the latest software.

Also a while back I had the Deus completely freeze up on me (ie. nothing worked), reloading the software solved that particular issue.

I have never had a problem with my MI-6/remote/coil/WS4's. I have many hours in the field, I am a coin shooter in very trashy parks I ALWAYS use the MI-6 to pinpoint EVERY target before I dig. I dig quite a lot and make much use of the MI-6. I have my own program made for me, by me for the way I hunt. I upgraded to V4 as soon as I bought my Deus from a friend that needed cash. I upgraded to V5.1 as soon as it was available and now have many hours in the field on V5.1. Now, I am NOT saying that the sequence that I use to switch on my Deus will help others that are having delay problems and such, I am JUST saying that I use a sequence EVERY time I switch my Deus on or off. Maybe it will help others, maybe it wont. I always use the remote and switch it on and hold the coil at waist level, away from any metal and keep the coil very still until the light in the coil stabilizes then switch on the WS-4. When I am finished with my hunt, I always switch off the remote first and then switch off the WS-4's. Again, I am not saying that how anyone is turning on components of the Deus makes any difference. It probably doesn't make any difference. It is just the way I do it. Works for me.

When I first went to V4.1 my detector just didn't seam right, I reloaded V4.1 and it was fine. Sometimes thangs don't go right and you need to do them again. Try to reload V5.1 and see if that helps.

My MI-6 probe sometimes takes a little while to change over from the H/F coil but I can live with that.

The finds rate with the 9" H/F round coil have be excellent.;) Jerry,