Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP Deus update to 5.21

Jerry-Wi

The snow is still melting and there is several feet of frost in the ground so I am going stir crazy wanting to get started with metal detecting again. So I decided to update my Deus to the latest version and then key in some custom programs out of the new handbook.

My Deus system consists of a 9 inch LF coil, an 11 inch X35 coil, WS-5 headphones and the control unit. I charged everything prior to doing the update.

The update software ignored the X35 coil. However for the 9 inch LF coil it said to connect the charging clip and have it plugged into the charger before updating. I did this and went on to updating the headphones and everything seems to be ok.

Is it normal that the coil be connected to the the charger prior to updating? I had just completed charging this coil less than an hour before I tried the update.

Afterwards I did find a note on the XP website saying the X35 and HF coils would be ignored so that is normal.

I probably did not gain anything by upgrading from 5.1 to 5.21 but I am just wanting to do something metal detecting related :)

Jerry

Hey Jerry,
yes, it's been normal since ver. 4. That AND it's always good to follow instructions! As far as the update goes...you did right since 5.21 corrects another bug just discovered. For those not able to find it on their "website" (horrible to navigate imho) this is the distinction of the past updates for the Deus:

– 08/02/2018 – The version 5.1 improve the connectivity between DEUS and the MI-6 Pinpointer as well as the connection speed.
– 09/13/2018 – the version 5.2 solve some bugs and improve the connectivity between coils, remote control and headphones.
– 03/27/2019: – This update 5.21 corrects sleep power issues with the DEUS headphones on version 5.2. The DEUS 5.2 can sometimes place the headphones into an unwanted standby mode as they can be turned on during charging, resulting in a slow battery discharge.

NOTE: The HF and X35 coils do not need to be updated at the moment, so they will be ignored during the DEUS software UPDATE.

Just passing it along and you may have avoided an extra long thread! Thanks for bringing it everyone's attention. HTH and HH

Hi Pat,

Thanks for the reply. I did have two instances where my headphones had discharged last year. Yesterday when I was charging everything up for the update the headphones took a very long time to charge even though it had only been a week since they were last charged. I know it says it was correcting a thing with Ver. 5.2 but I am thinking that the problem existed before than. We shall see.

The last two days have been great for the snow melt. Starting to see lots of bare ground out there :)

Jerry

Pat2284 said:
– 03/27/2019: – This update 5.21 corrects sleep power issues with the DEUS headphones on version 5.2. The DEUS 5.2 can sometimes place the headphones into an unwanted standby mode as they can be turned on during charging, resulting in a slow battery discharge.

/quote]

I did not get any notice of an update. Do they email you? I don't have the wireless headphones so that might be the reason I never got a notice.

MikeLab said:
I did not get any notice of an update. Do they email you? I don't have the wireless headphones so that might be the reason I never got a notice.

No. It was just dumb luck that I decided to do the update on that particular day :) I did not even know about the headphone issue until I read Pat's response.

I am glad I decided to make a post about it otherwise I would not have known.

Jerry

Just reading about all the updates. I am at 4.1 right now , can you go right to 5.2 from 4.1 or do you have to do all the steps in between?

Short answer: yes. You'll see a scroll down menu with any version you want, in case you want to go back too.

Steve I went from 4.1 to 5.2 all in one go without any problems at all. :thumbup:

Just a quick note now that I have actually used the Deus with the 5.21 upgrade for a while.

I have had zero issues with the headphones discharging when not in use as with prior to the upgrade.

Also I am running the 11 inch X35 coil and it runs very quiet and stable even with sensitivity pushed above 90.

Jerry