Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP Deus V3.0 Silencer

don in mass

kellyco is a sponor that's who's on the youtube clip i hope thats allrigth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDwG5gPwGQo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I mentioned that in a previous post:

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,1925652

Silencer at -1 to 3 is fine but at 4 seems a wee bit over-filtered.

Not sure what the video shows that has not been posted here already . . . . . yes, you will lose detection depth and recovery speed at a SILENCER of "4" . . . it was intended to be used in SELECT area where you are in a site littered with bottle caps . . . the older type.

It is NOT intended to be used for general hunting for the reasons stated above.

On V3.0, a setting of "-1" actually takes the SILENCER function out of the circuit which V2.0 did not do. In clean ground (no or very little decayed / rusted iron traces), turning it off gives the purest sound. In reality, setting it at "1" or "2" gives you the best of both worlds - little impact on depth and you will hear a slightly different SOUND on risted iron that may wrap around to the high end of the TID scale. THere are a few other tricks that can be used to distingush rusted iron that reads on the high end which really only need to be used on sites where these targets are a problem.

One other point to bring up is that these air tests (and that includes laying the targets on the ground) really tell you very litlle on how it responds in the ground when you have the effect of the matrix to deal with . . . . make a test garden and you can see how changes to settings impact signals in the ground . . . .

Not trying to be a wiseguy but It's been a while since I've found any coins in the air :rolleyes:

Andy

I agree with you about air tests, Andy. The tests that I performed were all in-ground; targets were detected at a silencer setting of 1, and checked with the setting at 2, 3, and 4 before digging.

I'am sorry andy the only reason i posted it is, i have friends that detect that don't read as well as some so with good friends and videos that's how they learn there detectors

Videos are always useful but the only point I was making is that air tests really do not tell the whole story . . . . the ground plays a big role in how targets respond and the nuances that they produce can tell a lot more than passing the coil an inch or so across targets

Keep posting . . . . every little tidbit helps us all

Andy