Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP Deus Warranty

eagle52

When XP changed warranty from 2 years to 5 years I was under the impression that warranty cowers batteries .
Lately I contacted Mr. Moe at Detectors electronics and I was told that batteries are only two year warranty
Could some one put some light on this please , is this resent change by XP ?
Thank you in advance for your input
Jan

The owners manual on my XP Deus which was purchased in Oct., 2016 reads: "Batteries, chargers & connectors have 2 years warranty."-----Can't speak for the earlier machines as to whether that was changed or not---but---this is the way it is now.
eagle52 said:
When XP changed warranty from 2 years to 5 years I was under the impression that warranty cowers batteries .
Lately I contacted Mr. Moe at Detectors electronics and I was told that batteries are only two year warranty
Could some one put some light on this please , is this resent change by XP ?
Thank you in advance for your input
Jan

According to this 5 years if produced after 1/1/13 . I interpret this to include the battery.
http://www.xpmetaldetectorsamericas.com/warranty

Five years on the detector and two years on the batteries . . . although 99% of the people out there are past two years and still on the same set that came with the unit . . . Li-ION are amazing power sources.

Remember that the warranty covers the unit not the owner so when you buy one that was initially bought within the warranty period it is still covered - just make sure you have a copy of the original sales receipt since that is what they will ask for - they have been liberal on servicing those without it but that will not last forever. Buy used and make sure you get a sales receipt showing the [size=large]ORIGINAL[/size] in-service date.

Even if you have one go bad, replacement is under $50 including the labor at Detector Electronics

Andy

So is "complete" a misprint?

"The complete XP DEUS metal detector is covered by a five year parts and labor warranty for detectors purchased on or after January 1, 2013."

If you had to replace them after 2 years it would still be a good deal as much as I hunt when I had the at pro I was burning aa batteries up ,but from what ive heard they last longer than that if you take care of them.

No, "complete" is NOT a misprint . . . the manual is quite clear on what is and is not covered:

[attachment 338803 Warranty.png]

This is in the manual where it also says you need original sales receipt and repairs do not reset the warranty period.

Andy Sabisch

They definitely need to amend their website with the word "limited" to remove the contradiction.

Doubt you will find anything with a battery that is covered as long as the unit itself is . . . my wife got a new cell phone after hers was stolen in the UK this Summer and found out that the battery which no longer holds a charge has a 90 day warranty and the phone a 1 year.

Actually , automobile battery warranties are usually longer than the vehicle but I agree they serve a different purpose. Power tool batteries are usually the same as the tool , one year. The way the Deus warranty reads , I thought the word "complete" was included for the single reason of INCLUDING the battery , otherwise it is just redundant and unnecessary wording. They should refer to their warranty as "limited" in their website if they going to consider it that way in the manual , after all , you usually don't have the manual until AFTER you buy the unit.

Minelab only warranties their Li Po batteries for 6 months from date of purchase so 2 years is a pretty good deal I would say.