Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP Deus

Coin Man Dan

The Deus should be here in the morning.Any last minute pointers? Mainly a coin shooter at older homes and parks.Ready to set the F70 down for a few days,let the new learning begin!

My only advice would be to start with one of the basic programs and not worry too much about changing things a lot. You can adjust after you get used to the detector. Also make sure to carry a few coins with you to toss out on the ground once in a while to hear the sounds they make on the ground you are hunting. Dig a little bit of everything and guess what it is before you dig it. Have fun and let us know how you get along.

Don
HH

Good advise from cometguy the most important thing to remember is to hold the machine at waist high and away from any metal
when switching on, count to twenty and your o k to go.
Have fun Dan and good luck :thumbup:

Les.

I too got my new Deus yesterday. Been plowing with an e-track for about 3 years. I'm up for the challenge. I'll be spending most of Sat in the parks and schools looking for the missed treasures. My only thoughts are to keep it simple, don't look at the location as having to cover all the gound to find the good stuff, concentrate on a small area (keep your manual handy) and have fun.

Inexperienced detectorists yep run stock programs a while before tweeking. Experienced detectorists I would charge that baby up. Get myself a couple pull tabs and a memorial cent. Try and see if you can set your high tone break just to signal on the cent with the pull tabs giving a low tone. Also get a aluminum can and flatten it. Practice just a little bit with your pinpoint to be able to size a target somewhat varying your coils height above the cent, pull tabs and the can. Also take disc to say 8, sensitivity to 90, reactivity 2, freq setting to 8 khz. Ground balance tracking to auto. Only dig the high tones on your first outing. And watch the horseshoe. This is really adhering to the KISS principle. The deus is a fun detector!!

Thanks guys got to try it out in the yard a little bit today in the test area I have, yards new so no targets.Been detecting since 93 or so with a XLT,then a F70 so the Deus should be easy right.......We will see off to the Parks in the morning.I'll post a update.