Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP DEUS

Sonny1965

How does the Deus perform in heavy mineralized ground ? How much more depth do you get with the 11 inch coil over the 9 Ich coil? I am deciding between the Deus and Ctx3030 any info would greatly be appreciated .

Here's a great post you'll just die for...coincidentally and at the moment, it's the post directly below yours:

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,2133800

But it doesn't answer the 9 vs 11 inch coil depth question. I do not live in the desert I live in East Tennessee red clay area.

Sonny 1965:
The depth differences noted in a few test done by some in England was noted as 1.18 inches deeper with 11" coil vs 9" coil. But to be fair in east TN the ground is starting to get pretty warm when it comes to detecting. I believe the 9" coil would serve you better in bad ground. The 11" coil will see too much of the bad ground and cause instability and more coil saturation. There is a whole lot of difference in how much(volumne) ground a 9" coil sees at one time vs 11" coil. The only other recommendation I have is to post on Tom Dankowski forum. There's a gent on there named Daniel who lives in east Tn, and a gent named Keith I believe lives in North Georgia. I know Keith has loads of Deus experience, not sure of Daniel's deus experience. Good luck.. by the way I live about 30 miles wnw of cookeville Tn.

I believe I'd let the type of hunting I was going to do trump the geography and geology of an area I was going to hunt when deciding between the different machines available. Both the units in question can handle tough ground. If the ground is too bad to detect with either of them , you probably need a PI to begin with. If you're hunting relics in the boonies the Deus is designed for just that and has the better abilities in the iron although the CTX is certainly no slouch with the small coil. If you're going to be trying to pick coins , gold and silver jewelry out of the canslaw and modern trash , the FBS machines are the tickets , rivaled only by the V3i for saving you from digging the whole place up.

The type of hunting you're going to do has the same type of influence on the coil size. Sure the 11 is most likely deeper regardless of the soil---some fraction of 2". When XP comes out with their small elliptical we could see a real game changer--if we can afford it

Sonny I am in NC where red clay is everywhere. I have the 11" but cannot compare to the 9". I can say the Deus will find the smallest minute piece of metal in a hard packed heavily minerlaized ground however. It just lights up like a Christmas tree when in the field. I mainly use the pre-set programs until I get good enough to know what adjustments or personal programs to make. It just finds things like nobodys business! You should be fine and the 9" may serve you well. I just like a slightly larger coverage area.