Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP Deus

u2robert

I'm trading for an older Deus with the 9" coil he said it was not the X35 but the older coil which i think is the Liberty coil?
It's the ws5 model with the big headphone.
Can I use the newer coils like the HF coil & the X35 coils with this unit?
What would you say the value of this unit would be 700-800 USD?
The Deus is new to me and From what I know about this detector it very good in Iron infested sites?
If your a XP Deus user please help Thanks

If the Deus you are thinking of trading for only comes with the WS5 headphones, S shaft and Legacy LF 9" coil you should be ok with just that setup. I wouldn't pay more than $600 for that setup.
If it comes with the cell phone sized remote controller also, $700 to 800 is a pretty good price. You will be able to use the white HF coils and the X35 coils IF both the controllers are running software version 5.0 or later. The X35 coils will not work with any software earlier than version 5. The HF coils will not work with any software earlier than version 4. So for instance, if both the controller and the WS5 are version 3 software or earlier, the 9" Legacy coil will work, but you will need to update them to version 5 on a Windows computer if you want to use X35 and HF coils.

Make sure the USB data exchange cable is included. The charging cables are just for charging the coils and controllers.

From photo's of the detector it came with version 3.2.
It does come with the controller, ws5 headphones, charger, box ,shaft, manual and Andy Sabisch XP book.
The guy trading it seems straight-up the more I get to know him.
I will let you know what Happens

You'll love the Deus. It's unlike anything else out there. The software upgrades are free, and upgrading from 3.2 to 5 is a snap. I had the legacy 9" coil too, although I upgraded to the X35. That older coil is still really good, and for a newbie, it will be just fine.

You'll love the Deus. It's unlike anything else out there. The software upgrades are free, and upgrading from 3.2 to 5 is a snap. I had the legacy 9" coil too, although I upgraded to the X35. That older coil is still really good, and for a newbie, it will be just fine.
Coils are expensive.
So If I upgrade software to 5.0 I can still use the 9" liberty coil?

Sure, if you upgrade to 5.0 you can still use the 9" LEGACY not liberty coil. Or, just keep it the way it is for awhile.

Using the X35 coil with 5.0 gets you 7 more frequencies in the 25 to 28 kHz range, a boost mode using 4 kHz, a lot more features on you WS5 which would really make a big difference if that was the only controller you had and the ability to pair up an XP MI6 pinpointer.

Otherwise, if you are not gold prospecting, don't need the higher frequencies above 19 kHz and don't have a lot of high mineralization or EMI in your area, you should enjoy the Deus as is.

Sure, if you upgrade to 5.0 you can still use the 9" LEGACY not liberty coil. Or, just keep it the way it is for awhile.

Using the X35 coil with 5.0 gets you 7 more frequencies in the 25 to 28 kHz range, a boost mode using 4 kHz, a lot more features on you WS5 which would really make a big difference if that was the only controller you had and the ability to pair up an XP MI6 pinpointer.

Otherwise, if you are not gold prospecting, don't need the higher frequencies above 19 kHz and don't have a lot of high mineralization or EMI in your area, you should enjoy the Deus as is.
My Florida soil is about neutral as you can get I've had detector that couldn't GB because it's so neutral. (sand)
How many freq. does the Legacy 9" coil have? this unit comes with the WS5 phones and the remote controller (is that right "remote controller")
EMI in my area is hit or miss just depending on where you at.

My Florida soil is about neutral as you can get I've had detector that couldn't GB because it's so neutral. (sand)
How many freq. does the Legacy 9" coil have? this unit comes with the WS5 phones and the remote controller (is that right "remote controller")
EMI in my area is hit or miss just depending on where you at.
The legacy coils all have four main frequencies=4kHz, 8kHz, 12kHz and 18 kHz and there are three incremental frequencies on either side of those four main ones for a total of 28. There are 10 programs too. Download the Version 3.0 manual or check it out online at least. It's full of information. The XP Deus Youtube videos by Gary Blackwell are really good too even though they are mostly about UK sites. XP America also has some good videos.

Hey u2robert,
I bought my Deus in 2012 I believe.
Been running 3.2 forever. Never saw the need for the other coils.
Sure those extra high Freqs. will land you some extra goodies possibly but I could never Justify
the Cost of these other coils(h35
or X35 , whatever.) Still have the Original batteries and still performing. Grab that 3.2 version
for $600.00. You WON'T REGRET IT!!! Good luck on your choice with the Almighty Deus... Love mine and attending the 1rst Sabich Boot camp was AWESOME!!! Take care
and the Deus will fill the Pouch
once things start Clicking with the Almighty Deus...
silverseeker 2

On An older Deus what can I expect on battery life and and how long does a charge last?
Can I get replacement batteries (on the bay 20.00) are these good batteries?
does XP sell batteries? How hard is it to replace batteries?
The detector should be here Tuesday.
I've always wanted a Deus i thought they are/is the coolest looking detector ever.

Waterdog is right... Take your time to learn.
and don't worry about your batteries.... Your brain will explode before the batteries go dead.
I've had my Deus since early 2012 and have never had the batteries go flat before I did.

Run it on the basic programs till you get use to it, I love full tones.
I have had 3 equinoxes sold them but have always kept my deus as it's a real shoulder
saver and an all out great detector. You can run on V5 with your LF coils what i use
with no problem's. Hope you enjoy it as much as i do mine.
And i will get another equinox :D