Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP headphones my review

jtram

First off let me say that I have purchased each and every pair of the headphones that will be mentioned. I was not given a pair by any dealer or manufacturer. I'm not a famous detectorist just a guy who enjoys the hobby.

First up the WS4. Great sound but hard for me to keep on my ears. I find myself trying to put them back in place frequently. As the weather gets warmer these may be the ones but in the winter my ears got a little cold, but if you're buying a Deus the WS4 is the way to go because of the ability to move the controls to another set of headphones with the clip.

Secondly homemade pair. I had the clip so I bought a pair of cheap gaming headphones at Walmart. They have cups for the ears but they are small. They still let in quite a bit of noise because of the small cups. I had the 1/8th inch plug cut off the headphones and left a tail about three inches long and had the plug reattached. The clip was mounted to the ear cup and then plugged in. This is not a direct wire set up. The sounds out of these are very sharp. When hunting in a higher reactivity the sounds appear to be even more clipped but that may be just me.

Third Pair Grey Ghost Very comfortable headphones, but I am not impressed with the sounds. I may have received a faulty pair or something. The sounds are muffled to me. Almost like your hearing a target through a section of pipe. I have only used them twice and both times for a very short period of time. I went back to the homemade ones because they sounded better. If others don't sound this way let me know maybe they should be replaced or repaired.

Fourth Pair Vance's These just arrived this weekend. Last night was the first night I had a chance to compare all three. The Vance phones fit very snug no outside noise and I was next to a street. The sounds were more clear and crisp than the GGs I found a coin target in a house place that was recently tore down. I tried each pair of headphones over the target. The Vance phones were more clear than the GGs. I will keep the little homemade pair as back ups.

Do you like the Vance phones? I'm thinking about a pair. I know you haven't had them long, maybe you could revisit when you have more time to check them out.

I think the Vance phones tones resemble more of what you get out of the WS4s.

Again, Im the only guy who likes the WS5. Hot, cold, wet, dry - they work well for my melon head but to be fair I've never tried anything else!

CZconnoisseur said:
Again, Im the only guy who likes the WS5... they work well for my melon head but to be fair I've never tried anything else!

Ha! I've got a melon head, too. Maybe I should give them a try as well. I do wish they weren't so expensive, but I get why. Maybe someday I'll find a Deus user nearby who's got a set.
Thanks,
Rich