Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP high tone on iron

Flintstone

Hi all, If I run the XP in all medal, will big iron sound low and not hit high tones and hi VDIs ? I just up dated to the 9" round HF coil and get a lot of iron. Can anyone help? flintstone

Hey Flintstone, unfortunately the answer is no. The HFs are better coils because they are more stable and give great depth at higher fz even for high conductivity objects. The trade off is that they bunch all the high cd objects together. Unless you're on a really old site, most of what we call big iron is actually rusted steel which rings high(like silver). There are some tricks you can use though. Pull back on the coil till tip is over the object. Then you may begin to hear the iron. Also lift the coil. The VDI will often begin to fall whereas a coin will remain stable. Another thing I do is keep an xy screen next to my hunting screen. If your only getting one signal and the xy doesnt look like a coin it probably isnt. The only big iron I still dig a lot are O rings cuz they are often deep and round just like a coin. Wish they were worth a lot I've dug so many. Hope this helps. P.S Big iron is usually worse around old buildings or house site. You can also use an LF coil and notch out the 98-99 range here.

That high notch can knock out good non ferrous targets too....I hunt some of the thickest iron around. After you dig a few hundred iron targets it will click with you what the machine is telling you and falsing iron problems will go away.