Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Xp MI-6 pinpointer rubber tip protector

YKey

Anyone know where to purchase a few at or do you have one laying around for sale, Let me know.
The black or red short rubber one's.
I tried one from my carrot wont fit.

You Guys do know that's not a digging tool right?? :)

Odan, why not use it to pry rocks? I once saw a guy use it as a hammer. What really gets me is to see someone get a signal and then dropping an expensive detector to the ground or into soupy mud. Maybe they want to appear as an "old pro" with a cruddy looking detector.

Odan, why not use it to pry rocks? I once saw a guy use it as a hammer. What really gets me is to see someone get a signal and then dropping an expensive detector to the ground or into soupy mud. Maybe they want to appear as an "old pro" with a cruddy looking detector.
Lol I see that a lot just chuck your detector down I'm so careful with my gear as I want it to last at least 4-5 years or longer.
Mark

After wearing out one pinpointer I used yellow plasti dip on it, dipped it about 4 times. It finally wore through after five years, the stuff is tough, no, I don't dig with it, I just do a lot of detecting in lot of different conditions like riverbeds. When I got my new one the first thing I did was plasti dip it. The old one still works after epoxying the hole, then dipped it.

Im trying to understand what you need the rubber tips for?
I would think dirt, sand, even moisture would would build up inside?

Rubber tips and dips are to prevent the pinpointers plastic body from getting worn thru from sifting thru soil an gravels. Most pinpointers are sealed against dirt and moisture. Carrots and a few others are submersible. Water proof.
But not if you're wear a hole in them.

Rubber tips and dips are to prevent the pinpointers plastic body from getting worn thru from sifting thru soil an gravels. Most pinpointers are sealed against dirt and moisture. Carrots and a few others are submersible. Water proof.
But not if you're wear a hole in them.
Makes sense. As someone else said I don’t use mine as a digging tool lol so hard for me to imagine wearing a hole through it especially as i have really sandy soil
Wasn’t sure if it was for other purposes as well

Nope I wrap the top of the plastic tip with electrical tape keeps your tip from wearing out especially in my rocky beaches and lawns
Matk

Makes sense. As someone else said I don’t use mine as a digging tool lol so hard for me to imagine wearing a hole through it especially as i have really sandy soil
Wasn’t sure if it was for other purposes as well
If you use it on a sandy beach regularly instead of a scoop you will have also a nice abbrasive effect which will wear the plastic down pretty fast.