Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP ORX

Arns83

I’m happy to see a more affordable machine on the market from XP. I decided buy one the other day due to finding a used one that was never used. I plan on letting my 11 year old daughter play around with it since she played around with the Tesoro silver umax off and on through the summer. I feel it’s something she can play around with a bit and have a fighting chance at finding the goods with. I plan to use it mainly on sidewalk tearouts and maybe a couple field sites here and there. My shoulder isn’t the best but I do love to detect.

your 11 year old daughter a different detector that she might more easily adapt to.

Hey, I am 100% in favor of trying to get any of your kids involved in this great sort with you so it's good to hear you are doing that. But there is a bit more to the ORX behavior than some folks might imagine and I'm sure you'll learn that as you spend more hunt-time with it. I have my two all-time favorite Tesoro's in my Outfit, as well as my proven-performance Nokta / Makro CoRe, Relic and Racer 2 units, but my two ORX devices [size=small](one with a 5X9½ DD HF coil and the other equipped with the 9" X35 coil)[/size] have been proving themselves to be very versatile general-purpose performers.:thumbup:

Like all very good detectors, the more you use them and the more you listen and learn them, the more impressed you'll be at their versatile performance. Nothing's perfect and all detectors have their strong points and weak points. I prefer to outfit myself with those that have more strength than weaknesses, and the ORX does.

Monte

I think she will adapt just fine. She’s a smart kid and gets straight As in school. She was also just accepted in to a 4H club called sharp shooters. So she has her hands in a little bit of everything. I had a deus for 2 years so I know what I’m getting into. I’m just happy to have 3 girls who love to be outside and exploring as much as I do.

I'm sure she will do just fine Arns.-----You are truly blessed to have children that love the outdoors as much as you do.:thumbup:
Arns83 said:
I think she will adapt just fine. She’s a smart kid and gets straight As in school. She was also just accepted in to a 4H club called sharp shooters. So she has her hands in a little bit of everything. I had a deus for 2 years so I know what I’m getting into. I’m just happy to have 3 girls who love to be outside and exploring as much as I do.

Enjoy the time you get to spend outdoors [size=small](or anywhere)[/size] with your girls. Too often I've encountered kids trying to detect with mom & dad who struggled to get past the On/Off switch. Just couldn't grasp anything that was going on. I envy the good fortune you have with kids who enjoy the outdoors and are learners.

Monte