Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Xp shaft

YKey

Curious if anyone lubes there XP shaft's to make them slide easier and what are some of the greases you use.
I was thinking about using some type of white lithium grease. Or do you use some type of spray lubricant.
Not sure what would do damage to the shaft also.

Last edited:
Not sure you want to do that. Not that it would damage the shaft but it might stop the cam locks from getting a good grip. On occasion I have had a ding in the shaft make it tough to open or close. Just take a bit of sandpaper or a small file to remove the burr. I do occasionally clean the shaft and handles and wipe it with some Armor All.

I rub some baby powder onto the shafts and work them in and out on both sides. I apply as needed. It stops the binding but doesn’t affect the cam locks.

Curious if anyone lubes there XP shaft's to make them slide easier and what are some of the greases you use.
I was thinking about using some type of white lithium grease. Or do you use some type of spray lubricant.
Not sure what would do damage to the shaft also.
I use a spray on my shafts - right now I have a NOX and the dirt and sand make it stick. Every few weeks I spray it. I also use die elictric gel on the contacts so they don’t corrode and charge better

Anything like a spray lube will attract the dirt. I'd use some PTFE spray if I was going to do it. Goes on wet and dries to a white powder.

Same for the dielectric grease, it'll pick up the dirt pretty good. I'd just clean the contacts with a q-tip and contact cleaner or rubbing alcohol.

--Matt

I wipe my down with a wet paper towel and dry it off. Slides up an down just fine.

Funny you should bring that up, my new deus 2 shaft is too loose and keep collapsing on itself and I have to tape it together. I'll trade you.

Funny you should bring that up, my new deus 2 shaft is too loose and keep collapsing on itself and I have to tape it together. I'll trade you.
That sucks Foiled. The cam locks come apart easy enough. I saw where someone had placed a small bit of paper under the friction pad just to raise it up a bit.

Most shaft problems is caused by people using the detector as a crutch.
I catch myself doing it all the time.

Most shaft problems is caused by people using the detector as a crutch.
I catch myself doing it all the time.
Mine is very thin on the flat part on back, super thin and flexible, defective, almost plastic bag thin which is why it won't clamp properly, my deus 1 shaft is not like that. I could probably push my finger through it. Ground pressing to level the coil will collapse the shaft, very annoying. It is very flexible while swinging, the shaft flexes under the weight of the coil. Bad molding I guess.

Last edited:
I use a spray on my shafts - right now I have a NOX and the dirt and sand make it stick. Every few weeks I spray it. I also use die elictric gel on the contacts so they don’t corrode and charge better
This spray will dry in seconds as a result it doesn’t collect any dirt particles. It has to be this exact one. As stated others will attract dirt.
I apply it, let it dry then the shaft is good for many hunts.

Attachments

• E5159E75-4489-4246-B672-37A9C09995CE.jpeg
    E5159E75-4489-4246-B672-37A9C09995CE.jpeg
    65.9 KB · Views: 61
Foiled,
If you still have your Deus1 and only use it as a back-up swap the shafts

Mine is very thin on the flat part on back, super thin and flexible, defective, almost plastic bag thin which is why it won't clamp properly, my deus 1 shaft is not like that. I could probably push my finger through it. Ground pressing to level the coil will collapse the shaft, very annoying. It is very flexible while swinging, the shaft flexes under the weight of the coil. Bad molding I guess.
Send it back, the XP Deus is to damn expansive to put up with that BS

I’ve sent 5 messages asking about coil deliveries and have gotten 0 responses. They must be swamped with inquiries of all kinds. I sympathize with anyone who has a serious issue this early in.