Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XP

mad jak

HELP!!! I had the XP out today. Went to an old house site i had hit several times with the E-Trac. Ran in Deus Fast. When i ran the coil over the bean stalks i would get light signals and also picked up a lot of hot rocks. What settings should i use? THANKS for any HELP!!

I was using the factory DEUS FAST.

To start out, try sticking with the BASIC 1 and not immediately hit the most challenging site you can find . . . . . learning how the detector responds in a site not littered with trash or other conditions that will cause frustration is the best initial option . . . . . it will not take long to get the basics down and then you can move onto different programs and settings. If you are in a trashy site with BASIC 1, try bumping the REACTIVITY value up by 1 or so which will help you seperate signals. Also, drop the sensitivity to 85 or so to reduce chatter. It sounds like you had the sensitivity a tad hot for the area.

Let us know if this helps

Andy

Northern Illinois 35 miles south west of Chicago. mostly black dirt for about 1 foot down and then clay. All my hunting is on open farm fields. If i can't stop the hits from happening on contact with bean and corn stubble the xp is no good for me. Granted i don't know what I'm doing with the settings yet. So any help would really be appreciated!! THANKS for all the help.

Thanks Andy going out today I'll try that.

Andy: Perfect advice! Where were you 14 months ago when I was equally frustrated?

You don't start out driving a car in 4th gear either.

HH Joe

To hit the worst site you know of to see what turns up and compare that to the detector you have "become one" with . . . . . and what almost always happens is that you are ready to wrap it around a tree in short order . . . . new tones, new responses, different target ID numbers . . . . . we tend to start feeling like this guy looks!

ist2_2771207_dizzy.jpg

Start at an easy site, get the response down and then go hunt the valuables that may remain . . . .

Andy Sabisch

Andy Sabisch said:
To hit the worst site you know of to see what turns up and compare that to the detector you have "become one" with . . . . . and what almost always happens is that you are ready to wrap it around a tree in short order . . . . new tones, new responses, different target ID numbers . . . . . we tend to start feeling like this guy looks!

ist2_2771207_dizzy.jpg

Start at an easy site, get the response down and then go hunt the valuables that may remain . . . .

Andy Sabisch

Hey, where did you get my picture from? lol

Mad Jac I would have changed the frequency down to 8khz or 12khz not that 18khz factory setting as that is very sensitive to hot rocks and mineralized soil it states in the manual in the first few pages says 12 is good all around for mineralized soil and 8 is for light mineralized soil. Also maybe you don't need reactivity 3 like in deus fast and just 2 so use GM Power program which is identical to deus fast program except for that one reactivity mode is down to 2 reactivity setting then change it to 12khz or 8khz frequency and try that out.