Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XS 2 Pro old school

ROBOCOP

I started using a XS2 Pro with the unloved BBS 1000 coil and 550 meter. I kind of like it even though the coil is a little heavy. I hip mount the box or sometimes use a around the neck strap with a secondary strap around my chest with a pouch I got from a thrift store. I also printed out a copy of the 550 chart numbers and had it laminated and attached it to the pouch and use it as a cheat sheet. I calibrate my meter to a quarter at 551 and go from there. When the coil finds a target and the meter struggles to settle on a exact VDI# I kind of appreciate the effort the machine is making.
Is that weird ? I like to know the machine is struggling/trying rather than going to a 180 meter and just seeing the machine's final guess. Am I wrong with this philosophy? I look at my cheat sheet while the numbers are jumping around and I say c'mon baby, give me a good number. Kind of like playing the slots in Vegas.

Here's a quick one hour search results. Also the SEF 12 by 10 is in my near future.

The Victoria's Secret bathing suit strap clasp is brass. I think hot chicks should get 14K clasps.

You will like that SEF 10X12. Much lighter than the BBS 1000. Great Depth. If you are careful you can nail the pinpoint down to an inch. I had the Sunray S-12, Detech 13 Ultimate, SunRay S-8 and S-5 for my GT. When I put the SEF on the machine the rest of them got relegated to the closet. I do keep the S-8 and S-5 real handy for real trashy places and around bleachers at ball fields. Sold the S-12 and thinking about getting rid of the Ultimate.

I got the Ultimate on my White's MX5 and I think that's fine for the dry sand and the White's pinpointing system is excellent so that works.

On the Sovereign I think the SEF coil alone will aid pinpointing and I believe the SEF is better in salt water and less susceptible to EMI.

Thanks for your response.

ROBOCOP

The XS2 is a great detector and one of my favorites and is probably the Sovereign I got the deepest coins with other then my GT. I swear by the older 8 inch coinsearch coil along with the S-5 of Sun Rays and feel the new 10 inch tornado coil that came on the Elite and GT are the best of the bigger Minelab coils. The S12 is also a great coil for the Sovereigns and did well with mine. Now the 10X12 SEF coil that I bought 2 summers ago I haven't used yet, but is on my GT hanging on the wall, but hear some great report on it and hope to try it soon to see if it works as good for me and my hunting. I am not getting out much because of my health with the heart attack and triple bypass, but when I do get out for a hour or so I been using my CTX 3030 and trying to learn it, but I just got to get back to my GT as this is when I find the good coins.
Myself I swear by the 180 meter and could be what I learn my Sovereign with and find that the number lock on better and can tell the close tone much better as the numbers are not fluctuating as much and over lapping other target numbers like the early 550 meters. The latter 550 meters used on the XS2a and the Elites were much more stable than the early ones on the XS2 Pro.
Good luck with your XS2 Pro and really get to know it well and this detector will really impress you as it has done to those the spend the time to get to know it.

Rick