Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XT 18000

mirkaba

I have an old Minelab Xt 18000 that I love. I have found a lot of gold with it. The battery cover latch has worn out. I recently bought another XT 18000 sight unseen and it came without a battery cover.
So now I have 2 vintage machines without battery covers. It sucks that you cannot get parts for an old one-thousand-dollar machine. If anyone knows where a person might find parts please let me know thanks..............Bob

Do you by chance know anyone that is a machinist that could possibly fabricate one for you? Best of luck to you.
The XT 18000 has a plastic control box . The battery cover is also plastic. If it were metal I could fabricate a cover but I am at a loss when dealing with plastic. The worn-out cover I have is being held in place with a screw. It works but just isn't right. Thanks for the input.

The XT 18000 has a plastic control box . The battery cover is also plastic. If it were metal I could fabricate a cover but I am at a loss when dealing with plastic. The worn-out cover I have is being held in place with a screw. It works but just isn't right. Thanks for the input.
The Best of luck to you.

I have an old Minelab Xt 18000 that I love. I have found a lot of gold with it. The battery cover latch has worn out. I recently bought another XT 18000 sight unseen and it came without a battery cover.
So now I have 2 vintage machines without battery covers. It sucks that you cannot get parts for an old one-thousand-dollar machine. If anyone knows where a person might find parts please let me know thanks..............Bob
If anything like the Sovereign battery.
I believe you could make one out of metal.

It is. I used all from Xt1600 to the 1800
Best depth I found testing in bad Aussie ground and on undug targets I detected comparing Ft1600, 1700 and 1800 was this. 20khz with the 10" DD. That combo went actually deeper than the lower khz 6.4 which Minelab says is the deepest on bigger targets. That combo nails more detectable targets than the other settings and coil combos. True.