Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XT 505 finds my first silver coin

atomicscott

Today I decided to hit a park that I had been to 3 times before. I have found a fake Movado watch here which was interesting, but have only found clad here for the most part. I was using the 7.5 khz 6" coil to help with the separation, as my last time out the trash so bad it was making it a bit tricky to separate with the 9" concentric. Lotsa trash and a few clads later I got a solid high tone, 42 ID#. Fully expecting to dig the usual quarter, at about 4-5" down I saw the gray patina and noticed it was not clad. I saw the front side and thought it was a walking liberty for a sec. When I turned it over, I saw the 'Franc' mark and the date. I was stoked, I've been trying to find my first silver coin for about a year now. One thing I know is, my XT 505 likes foreign coins! About a month ago I found a Chinese coin that ended up bring my oldest coin to date (pre 190:geek:. Now my very first silver coin & it's also foreign. Hey I will take my silver coin any way I can get it. I'm not too picky. Also found a gold plated cheap ring. It rang up a solid 12-15 so the ID was good, it fooled me for s sec. It was caked with mud, so I didn't realize until I got a chance to rinse it off that it was junk. This XT 505 is more impressive all the time. It will definitely pick the goodies out of the trash!

Congratulations on the first! :thumbup:

Told 'ya! :lol:

Way to go Scott!
Bummer about the ring, though. It really does get your heart pumping when you first glimpse that gold, doesn't it?

Mark, I was hoping that will be the case! At least I finally got one for now!

Bill, thanks! Yes, I was pumped for a sec when I saw that yellow! The tone/ID# was perfect for a nickel/gold ring, so I was hoping for the best. Maybe next time!