Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XT 70 finds King John

james1969

I got my XT-70 last weekend and it has already found 2 hammered coins,the one in the pic is a King John penny dating from 1199-1216 A.D
To show it's size I posted it with my oldest American coin which is a 2 cent piece dated 1865,I got the hammered coin using the stock coil at about 7 inches and it gave a great signal,I'm very impressed with the XT so far.

STA40777.jpg

STA40778.jpg

Congrats on the coin! Man that would have been a rush. I bet you were very happy, good hunt, Beale.

Did you pass out or dance a jig???? :bouncy: Wtg GH

Very nice, good job James, glad your having fun with your new 70. I too have good success with the stock coil here in OZ on coins. Once again beautiful coin :thumbup:
Cheers!

Not much chance of finding one of those here in Oz.Which country are you in to find such an old coin? Was it a random search or were you hunting ground that you thought might yield something like that?

You didn't dig that 2 center???

I was hunting near a medieval site,I've had several hammered coins there in the past but nothing since last summer,the X-Terra found the one I posted on it's first time on the site,my previous detectors were a Quattro and Sovereign GT.

Nice coins there James. that silver coin has some great detail to it.

Can you post a little about how you like the Xterra compared to the the quattro and Sov?

Also, is there alot of iron in your ground there?

Thank you,
Neil

Neil I've only had it a week so too early to say,looks good though,one thing for sure is that with the 18.75Khz coil fitted it does far far better in the coin next to nail tests than either the Quattro or GT,I've also had a copper coin at 11 inches and a musket ball at 10 inches so no problems with the depth,I'll need at least a month to make up my mind.

Fantastic finds. It must be great to live in a place with such old items just waiting to be found. Great Job !!!!

Good hunting, John K