Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XT505 first finds

Hello to all.
It has been so long since I've posted that many may think I am new here!:lol:
I didn't get out detecting at all last year, not once! This year thankfully has been better.
Just wanted to share a little experience I had over the last 2 weeks to encourage those Xterra users.
I recently sent my XT30 in for service and they told me I needed a new coil, so instead of buying a new coil I bought a XT505.
I own an Explorer II, Excalibur 1000 and the XT30, so this is a nice addition.
On my first time out with it I found a 1787 Machin Mills coin! It was in an old farmers field that has since grown over with trees and brush. The field was last used about 60 years ago.
It was the second Machin Mills I have found.
On the next time out, I took my brother who has never detected before and gave him the XT505 to use. After a few moment explaining how it worked and the settings, he starteed detecting and his first find ever was a Lower Canada 1843 Half Penny bank token. 10' away I found another one with my Explorer.
The coins are in pretty rough shape, but it was an exciting time out and the XT505 is a nice light option to my explorer. I can swing that all day.
You don't need a $2000 machine to find old coins.
HH
MM

G'day Marcus.
It's great to see you posting again.:thumbup:
It's a bit of a shame about your coil, however, with the coil on the 505, you can swap it over anytime you like.
It sounds like your off to a great start with the Machin Mills coin. I'm still yet to crack the 1800's yet on an Aussie currency coin.
Like you said, a detector doesn't have to be expensive or heavy, to enjoy the hobby. I must admit though that I've been swinging my Explorer mostly lately. I still love my X-Terra. Apart from being light (like you said) they are a great detector for their compactness, and if I only take one detector with me, it's usually the X-Terra, simply bebause it breaks down so well. Not to mention, easy and fun to use.
I look forward to reading more of your posts. I often wonder where some of the early posters to this forum are now. Bob Valdez was one that comes to mind. He posted often but stopped abruptly.
mick Evans.