Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Xterra 70 and Prospecting

Jessgo33

Hey everyone. I been wanting to know if using beach mode on my detector will help me in black sands and bed rock at a local river here in California to prospect. I am still new to the sport and am learning as i go. I want to know if it will help make my detector more stable. To me it seems some days my detector works really good and others not so good. I have found to do a factory preset before i go out helps. Also can someone help me to set it up right is there any videos where they show u how to set one up for prospecting?

Actually, there are a lot of videos on prospecting with an Xterra.
YouTube has several done by Kevin Hoagland. https://youtu.be/k8NYyTmz2x8

I would highly recommend that you start by downloading Randy's FREE e-book "Understanding Your Xterra". There's a link to it at the top of the forum page. It is hands down the best Xterra reference available, and it's FREE!!

Beyond that, I would say that you'll have your best luck it you learn how to use "Prospector Mode" on your 70. Beach Mode might be an improvement over C/T Mode, but Prospector Mode was specifically designed to do what you're wanting to do.